GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
For anyone else who wants to see exactly how their car was equipped from the factory, and doesn't have the original Monroney (window) sticker because you bought used, or dealer didn't give it to you when you bought new.. you can replicate it *exactly* at this link. It produces an exact duplicate of the original sticker. Save in pdf format. Cool stuff.

http://www.wikilender.com/volkswagen-window-sticker/

Nice.
So what if I get a bunch of offer for loans & refi's.

Thanks!

UPDATE: DOESN'T WORK.

Last edited:

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
170hp vs 220hp, lighting package, LSD, KESSY, bigger brakes with red calipers, better suspension, nicer front end, nicer rear end, clark seats, red accents, an overall nicer looking car, and let's be honest- the GTI badge... and all this stock with no modding. I'll take it any day if the week. No offense I like all Golfs in general but it's silly to say a TSI is just as good as a GTI out the dealer. Btw the SEL TSI msrp is $28K???

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
170hp vs 220hp, lighting package, LSD, KESSY, bigger brakes with red calipers, better suspension, nicer front end, nicer rear end, clark seats, red accents, an overall nicer looking car, and let's be honest- the GTI badge... and all this stock with no modding. I'll take it any day if the week. No offense I like all Golfs in general but it's silly to say a TSI is just as good as a GTI out the dealer. Btw the SEL TSI msrp is $28K???

Thank you! What are people actually paying below MSRP for golfs? I mean I paid less than $28K for my '17 GTI SE in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Ordered 17" setup. RSe05s and ExtremeContact Sports 235/40 17

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

I'm considering those same tires in 18". Really intrested to hear your thoughts on them :cool:

Why go with such a low profile on 17" though? 225 45 17 is the stock 17" size you'd need to go 255 40 17 to get roughly the same diameter.

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered MK7.5 tail lights and waiting for my folding mirrors to arrive

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I'm considering those same tires in 18". Really intrested to hear your thoughts on them :cool:

Why go with such a low profile on 17" though? 225 45 17 is the stock 17" size you'd need to go 255 40 17 to get roughly the same diameter.

Whoops typo. They're 235/45**

And I'll definitely be updating w any impressions. Surprised I couldn't find any reviews on here for them yet.

That was a silly comment. 10k extra for better suspension, brakes, engine, turbo, etc... kinda seems worth it to me. If you drove the car you would notice a difference. sitting in it is not enough to make a decision.

Amen, brotha. Plus the LSD, better transmissions, and the fact that you have a GTI, come resale time.

That being said, I would love to have a base Golf and mod it through the roof, for less than the cost of a GTI, although it wouldn't be as fast or cool.

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Just added 18x8 Neuspeed RSe52 Light Weight Wheel - Satin Gunmetal and Michelin PILOT SUPER SPORTS: 235/40ZR18

Attachments

• rse52 wheel.jpg
    rse52 wheel.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 577
  • michelin_pilot_ss.jpg
    michelin_pilot_ss.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:

These are the best tires for the money, in my opinion. Nice choice. They feel amazing, even in the rain!

Michelins are better in the dry (Contis take the lead in the wet) but cost significantly more and don't seem to last as long, so it's a trade off.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
These are the best tires for the money, in my opinion. Nice choice. They feel amazing, even in the rain!

Michelins are better in the dry (Contis take the lead in the wet) but cost significantly more and don't seem to last as long, so it's a trade off.

Nice you're running these? I also read countless reviews that the ride comfort was also solid

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I'm running them and they are phenomenal. Amazing in the dry and also very good in the wet.

Can't beat the price either. About 40 bucks cheaper per corner than PSS