GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Would napa be the same finish the current wheel has? And can you get the whole thing wrapped in one thing much like current wheel?

Yes and yes.

Here's a pic of one of the R wheels in our group buy with napa on top and bottom and perf on the sides:

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Took off the winter wheels.
Cleaned the summers with Sonax and waxed with wheel wax.
Installed the summers and drove off into a beautiful sunrise this morning.

MattB1

Ready to race!
I was fortunate to have opened a thread here two months ago where a member was asking for a tenth person to join a 10-wheel minimum group buy. The wheels were custom built from an OEM core. The choices were:

-GTI or R
-Manual or DSG
-Red, blue, or whatever you want for stitching
-Any combination of carbon fiber, perforated leather, napa leather, or alcantara in the various sections of the wheel
-Center mark or not

Price was $560 plus $80 shipping and we didn't have to surrender our OEM wheels or pay a core deposit. The buttons and inset are OEM (silver for GTI and black for R) and came with the wheel.

The quality is incredible and the wheel feels superior to OEM for driving. Thicker in the hand and the molding makes the 9-3 grip feel perfect. There are also finger serrations all along the back of the top half of the wheel.

It is far better than I was expecting. I don't throw praise around without warrant. This wheel is incredible.

Here's a picture of the back of the wheel where you can sort of see the finger indentations. You certainly feel them more than you can see them here:

Here's a picture of the front when I took it out of the box:

That's an awesome wheel. I had a Clubsport wheel on my wish list, but I think I've changed my mind now.

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Got a APR DSG tune and Dyno run - APR Stage 1 (91 Octane) 5300ft ASL - no corrections - wheel figures. 1st Dyno. Relatively new to all this so not sure of what to make of it. More reading! :) I know altitude has some part at play here obviously and the lack of >91 octane. But anyway good to have and compare with after getting stage 2/3 down the road a bit.

Attachments

• Dyno1.JPG
    Dyno1.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 743

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Got a APR DSG tune and Dyno run - APR Stage 1 (91 Octane) 5300ft ASL - no corrections - wheel figures. 1st Dyno. Relatively new to all this so not sure of what to make of it. More reading! :) I know altitude has some part at play here obviously and the lack of >91 octane. But anyway good to have and compare with after getting stage 2/3 down the road a bit.
Must feel like a blast with all that torque! How's the TCU tune? [emoji41]

Sent using Pied Piper middle out compression app

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Must feel like a blast with all that torque! How's the TCU tune? [emoji41]

Sent using Pied Piper middle out compression app

TCU tune is pretty fantastic - only gone 20miles on it so far and in rather busy highway. Got the ECU tune the previous week, but sure feel the difference between D and S modes and love the gear display now.

Also went for 3000/3500/4000 Launch control settings so need to find a clear road to have fun with those and beat these A/S tires into the ground so I can get some decent rubber on. :)

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
I added a front lip with red trim to match the GTI theme. (Excuse the car for being filthy: its pollen season in middle Tennessee... there's no use fighting it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACE2

Ready to race!
I added a front lip with red trim to match the GTI theme. (Excuse the car for being filthy: its pollen season in middle Tennessee... there's no use fighting it)

What lip is that? If you don't mind me asking

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
+1

Got it on eBay. "Mix super". Liked that you could add some color without having the whole lip be bright red or whatever color. I think the quality is probably similar to ez lip or all lip, but I'm a little concerned I might have to use the screws. I had to fool around with alignment more than I should have (my fault) so one are of the adhesive might not stick as well as I would like. I'll try to keep people posted. Love the look of it so far though.