GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Looks good!! I drive NBM as well and these are one of the wheels I was looking at, my only concern is that they are not hub centric and many members seem to have hit or miss issues with hub centric rings.....
I've owned the Oversteer wheels on my mk6 GLi (17x8) and had no problems with fitment, vibration, or bending . ?

I've thought pretty strongly about getting them again for the mk7 in 18 inch size (sold my 17's late last year when I got the mk7 since I think I may stay in 18's unlike my GLi which I downsized to 17's).

Great wheels. Also, this was tested when I was down in Mexico last year up to over 130mph. ✌️

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Installed my new carbon fiber/perforated leather steering wheel and gave her a proper bath:

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Installed my new carbon fiber/perforated leather steering wheel and gave her a proper bath:

The wheel (and car) looks great! Something I'd consider but not sure how it would mesh with my OEM look desires. How's the stitching on it vs OEM? And does it come with the OEM silver trim/buttons, or do you swap that from your current wheel?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
The wheel (and car) looks great! Something I'd consider but not sure how it would mesh with my OEM look desires. How's the stitching on it vs OEM? And does it come with the OEM silver trim/buttons, or do you swap that from your current wheel?

I was fortunate to have opened a thread here two months ago where a member was asking for a tenth person to join a 10-wheel minimum group buy. The wheels were custom built from an OEM core. The choices were:

-GTI or R
-Manual or DSG
-Red, blue, or whatever you want for stitching
-Any combination of carbon fiber, perforated leather, napa leather, or alcantara in the various sections of the wheel
-Center mark or not

Price was $560 plus $80 shipping and we didn't have to surrender our OEM wheels or pay a core deposit. The buttons and inset are OEM (silver for GTI and black for R) and came with the wheel.

The quality is incredible and the wheel feels superior to OEM for driving. Thicker in the hand and the molding makes the 9-3 grip feel perfect. There are also finger serrations all along the back of the top half of the wheel.

It is far better than I was expecting. I don't throw praise around without warrant. This wheel is incredible.

Here's a picture of the back of the wheel where you can sort of see the finger indentations. You certainly feel them more than you can see them here:

Here's a picture of the front when I took it out of the box:

Last edited:

AsianInaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Washed, clay barred, waxed, put the new wheels on. I know needs a drop but let me know what you think! How many other guys out there clay bar?

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I was fortunate to have opened a thread here two months ago where a member was asking for a tenth person to join a 10-wheel minimum group buy. The wheels were custom built from an OEM core. The choices were:

-GTI or R
-Manual or DSG
-Any combination of carbon fiber, perforated leather, napa leather, or alcantara in the various sections of the wheel
-Center mark or not

Price was $560 plus $80 shipping and we didn't have to surrender our OEM wheels or pay a core deposit. The buttons and inset are OEM (silver for GTI and black for R) and came with the wheel.

The quality is incredible and the wheel feels superior to OEM for driving. Thicker in the hand and the molding makes the 9-3 grip feel perfect. There are also finger serrations all along the back of the top half of the wheel.

It is far better than I was expecting. I don't throw praise around without warrant. This wheel is incredible.

Here's a picture of the back of the wheel where you can sort of see the finger indentations. You certainly feel them more than you can see them here:

I want my own custom wheel! Nice buy man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Washed, clay barred, waxed, put the new wheels on. I know needs a drop but let me know what you think! How many other guys out there clay bar?

Clay bar work is fantastic, yours looks amazing man. It's worth the time and effort.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Did a quick wash. Next weekend will do a more in depth clean and swap to summer wheels so I can kill my all seasons and get a set of summer tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Installed weather tech window vents. Install was pretty easy but the front windows catch on the rear most section of the vent. Hopefully sitting in the sun with the windows up will help stretch them out a little.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie

-GTI or R
-Manual or DSG
-Center mark or not

Wow, sounds proper. Wish I had seen the thread, saw after my post in another thread you made note of it. Would napa be the same finish the current wheel has? And can you get the whole thing wrapped in one thing much like current wheel?