GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Haha, wasn't meant to be a teaser, just limited photo potential when I've just got fluros in the carport. All my projects seem to finish in the dark...

Started making template with cardboard (mounted to front bar, drew from there). If I did it again I'd probably take the front bar off.

Once I was happy, traced onto 3mm aluminium composite sheeting (alcubond), cut with Stanley knife and jigsaw.

Also made spacers from the same material so I could level it out.

Mounted with self tapping screws and washers (I'll be looking to replace these with nuts/bolts and washers on both sides.

Misjudged a cut around the brake duct, oops, still works though.

I've changed the number of spacers in the centre since this photo to get it level.

Tested up to 120kph with no vibrations/rubbing.

Great effort and nice work.
Like your R's color scheme.
Keep it up.
Yes, my projects end in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Looked like the auto focus went completely nuts! :D

I'd love to hear that car out on the road... :eek:

Lol, yeah I'm not sure why that happened.

I get tuned next week, so once that's done I'll post more videos. It's pretty loud...my catless s2000 was not this loud haha

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Lol, yeah I'm not sure why that happened.

I get tuned next week, so once that's done I'll post more videos. It's pretty loud...my catless s2000 was not this loud haha
A NA car quieter than a turbocharged car? :eek:

And I come from the world of Hondas, so I'm very aware of how load a modded s2k can be :D

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Used my new pressure washer and 2 bucket method today for the first time?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
A NA car quieter than a turbocharged car? :eek:

And I come from the world of Hondas, so I'm very aware of how load a modded s2k can be :D
No, my S2K had a full-race ramhorn manifold to a gt3076r, 3" full race catless dp to a 2.75" resonated js racing catback. That's why I'm surprised. I wonder if the ramhorn made a difference compared to the very short "log" style manifold on the r

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just picked this up today: very lightly used IS38! Just gathering the goods for the nice weather. Will be also adding an APR IC and hoses when I do the IS38 install.
I wanted to move the peak HP up the RPM range and don't mind the drop in torque. Car should be a blast at under 3,000 lbs. and close to 370HP.

Attachments

• IMG_4906.JPG
    IMG_4906.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 735