GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I've heard that It helps to reduce the boost lag you have between gears (for manual transmission cars).

I have never heard this. The only thing that a DV does on a MK7 is add sound if you get a BOV and remedies a fix if there is a problem with your stock DV. I got a Forge Atmospheric valve for the sound it adds otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it because the stock DV is much better on the MK7's than the past models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoLaneBlacktop

Passed Driver's Ed
All solid feedback. Is this mod contingent on any necessary upgrades prior to (for example: tune, down pipe, CAI, or anything else performance-related), or is this simply a good idea within the scope of simple factory replacement?

Thanks, guys!

No supportive mods required to gain the advertised benefits.

The modification incorporates stiffer springs and the diaphragm/plunger is metal with a flat face where the stock unit is plastic with ridges in its face.

I personally can't say this is a must have yet but again- on paper it appears to be worth while. More seat time will tell.

RadleeBradlee

Ready to race!
No supportive mods required to gain the advertised benefits.

The modification incorporates stiffer springs and the diaphragm/plunger is metal with a flat face where the stock unit is plastic with ridges in its face.

I personally can't say this is a must have yet but again- on paper it appears to be worth while. More seat time will tell.

I had the dv+ installed for a while. Swapped to the boomba bov adapter for sound. The stock dv is great, but the difference when switching to the dv+ was very noticeable to me. Not sure what it's like for the DSG guys because their shifts are stupid fast. But for a 6mt, the dv+ holds the boost you've made better between the shifts. You'll feel like you just glide right into the next gear. Even though the stock dv is good, I'd still consider the dv+ a worthwhile upgrade, at least for those of us with a 6mt.

RadleeBradlee

Ready to race!
Hadn't even thought about it to be honest. Haha. Is there a plug in place of it? How clean does it look ? Pic, anyone?

Failed to mention I painted my bumper reflectors too. Looks way better. ;)

Check out Hulk's build thread. He's done the wiper delete. It looks really clean. Looks even better in person honestly.

RadleeBradlee

Ready to race!

TwoLaneBlacktop

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sold after my commute to work this AM. Been driving the same roads for 12 years so I have a good baseline to draw reference from. The boost comes in sooner and is smoother. My APR boost gauge indicates a peak of 30psi before settling to 25-26psi. Not sure if that's a result or not. Can't say I've noticed 30psi before the DV+.

To level set with the crowd here- I don't claim to be an expert but I have driven many fast cars, last of which was a procharged 2001 Mustang Cobra. I feel that at a minimum I have some perspective in this realm. I would definitely buy this again.

Happy Friday all.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
All solid feedback. Is this mod contingent on any necessary upgrades prior to (for example: tune, down pipe, CAI, or anything else performance-related), or is this simply a good idea within the scope of simple factory replacement?

Thanks, guys!

Seems like you are still trying to get your feet wet in the mod world of this car. People will go both ways on the DV+. I will just leave you with this piece of information. Stage 3 APR kits still use the stock DV. Most the guys who did IS38 swaps still use the stock DV. Do what you want with that information because ultimately it is your car.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I'm sold after my commute to work this AM. Been driving the same roads for 12 years so I have a good baseline to draw reference from. The boost comes in sooner and is smoother. My APR boost gauge indicates a peak of 30psi before settling to 25-26psi. Not sure if that's a result or not. Can't say I've noticed 30psi before the DV+.

To level set with the crowd here- I don't claim to be an expert but I have driven many fast cars, last of which was a procharged 2001 Mustang Cobra. I feel that at a minimum I have some perspective in this realm. I would definitely buy this again.

Happy Friday all.

Link for the DV+ please!!

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Link for the DV+ please!!

Save your money. So many guys end up selling theirs. If anything, hold out for a used piece. I'm one of those guys who dumped theirs. My brother had an, "I told you so".

If you feel the need for some sound and actual (albeit small performance increase) get a turbo muffler delete ;) you'll hear the spool even with a closed air system. Spooling turbo sound > rice-ish whoosh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Save your money. So many guys end up selling theirs. If anything, hold out for a used piece. I'm one of those guys who dumped theirs. My brother had an, "I told you so".

If you feel the need for some sound and actual (albeit small performance increase) get a turbo muffler delete ;) you'll hear the spool even with a closed air system. Spooling turbo sound > rice-ish whoosh.

Perfect. That's what I'm looking for. Loved the rice-ish whoosh my MKVI made with the APR intake. What's the most common turbo muffler delete?

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
The TMD won't give you the "whoosh". It'll increase the spooling sound. Any brand really. Another part I'd buy used.

TwoLaneBlacktop

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems like you are still trying to get your feet wet in the mod world of this car. People will go both ways on the DV+. I will just leave you with this piece of information. Stage 3 APR kits still use the stock DV. Most the guys who did IS38 swaps still use the stock DV. Do what you want with that information because ultimately it is your car.

I completely understand your views and the evidence in stage 3 cars. I'm seeing many retain the stock exhaust as well because 2.5" is sufficient for 500HP+. IF there is a performance gain, I would say it's nominal. I do maintain that boost seems to build and hold at lower throttle but I have no logged data to back that up. I only have visual input from the boost gauge to go by.

In all I don't believe this is a must have mods though.