GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Played with tire pressure on my Conti ECS’s. These tires are sort of an enigma. They don’t ride mushy, but they do feel rubbery with handling. But after initial motion, they load up nicely and grip great. More pressure just makes the ride harsh. It is what it is. Continental tires for ya.

235/40r18 feels ideal at 34psi cold.
I've been running mine at 35psi.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed a raceseng dag shift knob. Fellow member shipped it to me. Really complements the blue paddles and the blue lighting. Install was easy enough, but might have destroyed the factory one in the process. It was getting dingy anyways. Excuse the dirty car, weather has been bad enought I haven't been able to detail it. Maybe later this weekend.
20230331_161638.jpg
20230331_161658.jpg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
@toothofwar how do you like the new shifting feel (pulling up instead of pressing a tab)? I've been on the fence. I think it adds a nice touch to the interior but not sure if I want to make the change from the way the OEM is

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
@toothofwar how do you like the new shifting feel (pulling up instead of pressing a tab)? I've been on the fence. I think it adds a nice touch to the interior but not sure if I want to make the change from the way the OEM is
You get used to it pretty quickly. Dunno if it was just mine, but the stock button was a bit sticky

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Have only taken it around the block, but it's not too bad of a transition. The test will be if my wife transitions smoothly or not. She said she liked the looks though. I'll report back after we get a few miles on it.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Also, with the help of some posts on here, I got youtube working on the radio. Mostly useless, but the kids might enjoy it.
20230331_162705.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Turns out things go a lot smoother when you have the right parts.. go figure. Driver's seat drawer installed; took the opportunity to vacuum out a bunch of crap while I had the seat unbolted, too. Original owner was a fan of McDonald's fries, apparently 🤦‍♂️

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

It's dumb and of dubious utility but at least finishes out the area well. Also took the opportunity to give the seat-rail-raise trick a try; added 3/4" to the front, will get proper bushings in lieu of the janky stack of washers if I keep it. Impression so far is positive, if subtle; maybe placebo but 1st → 2nd shifts feel a bit smoother with the added thigh support.

IMG_0037.jpeg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Turns out things go a lot smoother when you have the right parts.. go figure. Driver's seat drawer installed; took the opportunity to vacuum out a bunch of crap while I had the seat unbolted, too. Original owner was a fan of McDonald's fries, apparently 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 277253
View attachment 277254

It's dumb and of dubious utility but at least finishes out the area well. Also took the opportunity to give the seat-rail-raise trick a try; added 3/4" to the front, will get proper bushings in lieu of the janky stack of washers if I keep it. Impression so far is positive, if subtle; maybe placebo but 1st → 2nd shifts feel a bit smoother with the added thigh support.

View attachment 277255
Do you have fender audio? I've been wanting that tray, but heard it won't work with the fender system

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Do you have fender audio? I've been wanting that tray, but heard it won't work with the fender system
Yeah, I do. Is there anything under the seats that's audio related? I know the passenger one doesn't work because there's a bluetooth (maybe airbag?) module under there in a bracket that's in the way. Driver's seat was free and clear:

IMG_9997.jpeg