GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I lift and leave my jacksstands* on the pinch weld šŸ˜‚
669C32D5-636D-49D6-89FB-91E8EFC2766A.jpeg

But to be honestā€¦ if Iā€™m just working on the front or back alone and donā€™t need the car flat I still use my jack on the reinforced pinch point up front and put the Stands on the subframe (so the lift point kit would be nice). And the rear lift from the rear subframe mounting point and jack stand the pinch

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Makes sense then -- I wound up buying jackstands with a flat pad rather than a saddle so that I can do the VAQ service and have the car body level, not sure how much of a difference it makes but I try to be as by-the-book as possible for things like this.
I use ramps in front and wood blocks I made for the wheels in back for that stuff.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I wonā€™t actually be doing it until tomorrow, but I am doing some research on swapping out my water pump and thermostat tomorrow. Stupid extended warranty denial šŸ¤¬

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Funny you post this now, I was just looking at Molygen for my next oil change. Any noticeable differences between this and leichtlauf?
If I told you there was, Iā€™d be lying and Iā€™d honestly need a blackstone oil lab report to show anything. I went to FCP and needed a couple kits and thatā€™s what they had

@tigeo may have info on it

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Had to getto fix my front lip today.. driving down the interstate and started to here a tapping noise , come to find out my front screw in the middle backed it self out and it was basically hitting the bumper in the wind šŸ’Ø .. šŸ˜ž. Zip ties for the win until i make it back home for a more permanent solution .. aka removing bumper to install backing nuts on all the screws.. fml

Attachments

• 0960717C-C4CC-4E0E-B489-49539A14DFFE.jpeg
    0960717C-C4CC-4E0E-B489-49539A14DFFE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Hereā€™s the update from four years ago lol.

I ended up busy with the kids after work so the hatch spoiler delay continues. Iā€™ll post it whenever I get to it (maybe later this weekend or Monday).
Wait did I really reply to a 4 year old post. I am such a boomer