GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Find a brand that works for you and meets what you need for your car and just stick with it. I been running Hawk pads for years and have no problem playing "tag" with other cars in the twisty roads. Seems like I can always out-brake whoever my victi- er I mean tag partner is. Most recently a current gen M2.
I like to change it up and try a lot of stuff but I've landed on these as working great/price is right out back. There just aren't many options of the 272s beyond what I have listed here. Can always get a set of custom ones with old backing plates made by Carbotech/GLoc but seems a bit overkill but I don't those will have the metal tensioner tabs and rattle around. I know a guy who likes the Rockauto ones and he tracks the crap out of them in his GSW.

Rear 272mm solid
EBC YellowstuffDP42201R0-900 FFCP$ 95.00
EBC Bluestuff NDXDP52201NDX0-900 FUrotuning$ 95.00
Powerstop Track Day SpecPSA1779?Rockauto$ 65.00
Dynamic Friction Track1000177900?Rockauto$ 46.00

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Unless you track your car (which I know many of y'all do), I couldn't imagine paying more than $45 - $50 for pads.

Reactions: krs

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Unless you track your car (which I know many of y'all do), I couldn't imagine paying more than $45 - $50 for pads.
Agree. For street only use basically whatever from the autoparts store or Roackauto has always been fine. That's why Redstuff are somewhat funny because they cost a lot are actually pretty dusty and provid no value over other pads that I could ascertain when I had them.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
That's why Redstuff are somewhat funny because they cost a lot are actually pretty dusty and provid no value over other pads that I could ascertain when I had them.
Same. I haven't noticed Redstuff are better than much cheaper pads in any way. They're quiet, which isn't a tall order for a street tire, but they're dusty and don't really have much added fade resistance. They haven't let me down at autocross and they're nice to modulate, but again stockers could do the same task. I bought them at FCP so I might just keep using them for street use for that reason alone, but we'll see.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Agree. For street only use basically whatever from the autoparts store or Roackauto has always been fine. That's why Redstuff are somewhat funny because they cost a lot are actually pretty dusty and provid no value over other pads that I could ascertain when I had them.

Yup. I just go with whatever basic ceramic pads, since they're usually low dust and low noise. My go to for a while have been the Powerstop Z23/Z26s, but recently ordered some basic Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramics since they have the spot for a wear indicator. Plenty fine for daily street driving.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yup. I just go with whatever basic ceramic pads, since they're usually low dust and low noise. My go to for a while have been the Powerstop Z23/Z26s, but recently ordered some basic Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramics since they have the spot for a wear indicator. Plenty fine for daily street driving.
I run those Centrics on my wife's Atlas - the lowest dust pad I've ever used...like none.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Paid a visit to @Treadup and we installed an Aerofabb V2 front splitter. And yep... that's what 70k miles of rock chips looks like.

IMG_4642.JPG

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Same. I haven't noticed Redstuff are better than much cheaper pads in any way. They're quiet, which isn't a tall order for a street tire, but they're dusty and don't really have much added fade resistance. They haven't let me down at autocross and they're nice to modulate, but again stockers could do the same task. I bought them at FCP so I might just keep using them for street use for that reason alone, but we'll see.
Yeah, for AutoX sounds like you can use basically anything b/c you aren't going v. fast. Sending it on the mountain runs like the Tail of The Dragon, those will fade quickly.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
LOL. I still have my '85 Pro Performer. Mine has been through the ringer though... :)

Had the same one in blue. My younger brother borrowed it and it got stolen in 94. Have tried over the years to find another one.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just buy the Osrams. You won't regret it. :ROFLMAO:
Wish they did 7 style lights. Not that I would get any anyway. Not too concerned about how the halogens look

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Maxton lip/spoiler thingy showed up from BFI today...ordered in November as an Xmas gift for me from my wife. Looks cool/neat little add.

324188692_1874713422861478_4861099787046632808_n.jpg
323867135_629214935670143_389860050513777456_n.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Maxton lip/spoiler thingy showed up from BFI today...ordered in November as an Xmas gift for me from my wife. Looks cool/neat little add.

View attachment 270178View attachment 270179

That reminds me I have one of those lol

I peeled it off about 4-5 years ago to wrap my car Nardo Grey, then hit a deer and peeled all that off.

A year or two ago I bought gloss black vinyl wrap & 3M tape to put it back on (wanna wrap the white spoiler so you can’t see the gap below/behind it).

Annnddd now here we are. Maybe tomorrow after work I’ll do that & my rear wiper delete that’s been on my toolbox six months 🤔