GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
What do I replace it with? Not the biggest fan of catch can setups.
60DED94A-C6D7-4106-A201-F6AB3AFAA990.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think BM and BL have QC issues. I've seen new versions of both smoke like your drunk uncle at Thanksgiving and seen them not smoke at all, same track, same car, same tires.

I'm currently on BL with a BMS CC. I get 5 to 10cc of oil after a track day, less after an autocross. Zero on the street and I drive like an asshole.

@mrmattolsen tried a new BL and was getting oil in BMS CC just street driving. He went back to BM and cc and he's no longer having issues.

Someone was going to try out one of the aftermarket PCV options and report back. Can't remember who.

Last edited:

Ragdude

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
Can you recommend the kit you used? Is the application easy?
Yes I would recommend it and it was pretty easy. My son then bought a kit and did his '05 Focus commuter car, his were real bad and it did a respectable job on his too. For $17. on Amazon, I'm gonna do my truck next.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yes I would recommend it and it was pretty easy. My son then bought a kit and did his '05 Focus commuter car, his were real bad and it did a respectable job on his too. For $17. on Amazon, I'm gonna do my truck next.
Nice. Do you mind linking the kit? I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
and I only see one REAL AH on ebay. it looks like crap though. AH is the original to my car and has held up the best over BL and BM. I see some AGs on there, not sure if they'd be the same or not.

I think BM and BL have QC issues. I've seen new versions of both smoke like your drunk uncle at Thanksgiving and seen them not smoke at all, same track, same car, same tires.

I'm currently on BL with a BMS CC. I get 5 to 10cc of oil after a track day, less after an autocross. Zero on the street and I drive like an asshole.

@mrmattolsen tried a new BL and was getting oil in BMS CC just street driving. He went back to BM and cc and he's no longer having issues.

Someone was going to try out one of the aftermarket PCV options and report back. Can't remember who.
Don’t track the car and I’ve never experienced any smoke screen. I’ll continue to monitor the plugs and possibly adjust as necessary.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
The priority schedule makes sense now. So basically i can assign multiple behaviors to the same channel, kind of like an else-if code block... Does that mean that there are more ways than one to code the same behavior, such as dimming Osram DRLs when the blinker comes on?

The only thing I'm still not fully clear on is the minimize concept. Maybe I'm dwelling too much on the word definitions.

If 4 and 5 channels are for the DRL LEDs, what are channels 2 and 3 on the Osram retrofits for a car that comes with stick halogens? I coded my DRLs using only channels 4 and 5 using the Blinken links/rechts aktiv variables, and was able to not use Leuchte2 and 3 at all.
Leuchte2/3 on Halogen headlights are for the amber side markers on US cars. We don't have them on European cars, because of that Pin10 on OSRAM Halogen headlights is empty. Just set Lasttyp2/3 to "not active".

As for the minimize concept: My understanding is there are several ways to achieve similar things.

20221208_Leuchte4.jpg

20221208_Priorities.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Leuchte2/3 on Halogen headlights are for the amber side markers on US cars. We don't have them on European cars, because of that Pin10 on OSRAM Halogen headlights is empty. Just set Lasttyp2/3 to "not active".

As for the minimize concept: My understanding is there are several ways to achieve similar things.

View attachment 267553

View attachment 267554
Yeah, i noticed the Osram pin out is not the same as that of the US harness pin out. But it's sufficient for everything important to work.
Thanks for the chart.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Don’t track the car and I’ve never experienced any smoke screen. I’ll continue to monitor the plugs and possibly adjust as necessary.
The BMS CC is easy to install, easy to remove and go back to stock without cutting anything, and will show you if you've got oil getting past your pcv.