GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
With temps creeping into the low 40s/30s range, swapped tunes away from E85 back to 93 for winter time. At least I’ll get more gas mileage….yay. Log time tomorrow

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Used my VADPro to diagnose a failing thermostat on the R.

Fuck what a bitch this is going to be to replace.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Used my VADPro to diagnose a failing thermostat on the R.

Fuck what a bitch this is going to be to replace.
T30s on the bottom of the throttle body are the hardest part. The throttle pipe also involves some fuckery but not terrible. If you don't have to take off the fuel line when removing the manifold - it's easier.

I got to the bottom of the TB bolts with three extensions from the ground. It's just a messy and sticky job, otherwise, easier than a turbo.

Good luck.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Went for a morning drive to enjoy the cooler weather. But too many damn people on the road to truly enjoy it, even at 8am. It's hard to just go for a quick drive in Jacksonville if you want to get away from all the cars.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Went for a morning drive to enjoy the cooler weather. But too many damn people on the road to truly enjoy it, even at 8am. It's hard to just go for a quick drive in Jacksonville if you want to get away from all the cars.

Pain in the ass. In Jersey, so I just hop on the turnpike usually .. but then it's a constant scanning for cops lol

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Mk7, I mean B7 content

And on the 10th day…😂

The current look (probably temp. wheel wise, cause i mainly wanted to go 20” and get some good rubber on the car) and not having to spend funds on the wheels made it a easy call.
After the 15min drive I can say the car feels,grips, and turns in soo much better with these p zeros in place of the conti pros… all seasons gotta go for Westcoast dwellers.

245/35/20 on OEM tiguan Rline wheels 20x8.5 ET38

While the black wheels work with all the black trim on the GT (roof,mirrors,moulding,spoiler) it’s makes the car really need tinted windows to flow well and currently the very specific visions I have for the car is :
CLEAR ceramic tint ,
matte bronze 20s,
3/4 to 1/2” lower ( want to maintain comfort so… gonna have to be expensive coilovers, I was looking at B14s but I really don’t like the way they took the easy route and just have the same set listed for a silly wide range of cars…the VR6 weights a good bit more than the 1.8 so using the same front to back spring rates on both platforms doesn’t scream R&D to me)
intake,
exhaust (no headers or cat deletions!),
spare tire sub-(maybe helix) cause I don’t want to mess with taking off door panels and potentially adding rattles cause this thing it’s quiter and tighter fitting than the GTI and Tiguan ever were.

and thats it. Being a Passat and NA makes it easy to not go overboard 😂

View attachment 260718View attachment 260719View attachment 260720View attachment 260721View attachment 260722

*Tiguan wheels got perfect fitment for this thing out the box too
View attachment 260723View attachment 260725

Interested your overall impressions of the NMS GT. I’m sure the VR6 + DSG has its merits, but what about the steering and suspension? Stereo?

Oscar_T10

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 VW GTI SE 6 SP
Stoptech 309 front brake pads , NGK Ruthenium plugs and a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires have been installed in the last two weeks. 🙌

Attachments

• 20221001_095958.jpg
    20221001_095958.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's pretty warm today. I'm cooked after 3 hours outside cleaning the roof gutters and power washing the house.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wifey's Jetta threw a CEL. Ordered a VCDS yesterday, came in today..

IMG_20221001_152606.jpg
IMG_20221001_152618.jpg

Gotta love NJ where you can't pump your own gas. According to her, the gas attendant kept trying to pump more fuel in after it clicked multiple times. Flooded the canister most likely.. I seen a lot of people have reported that issue.

Luckily it's under warranty so dealer will have to take care of it. Curious if it'll be an easy fix or require replacement of the fuel tank; I remember reading some of the GTI peeps talking about this issue and something being molded to the fuel tank..

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT