GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Drove up to EMD Auto today for some lowering springs. Came out great and so far no rubbing issues.

Specs for those who might ask:
18x9 +45
235 40 18

DDDAC78A-A18A-4E75-A57A-908EFEB170DD.jpeg

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
What did they charge for install if you don't mind my asking? Leaning toward them or a shop out in Walnut that comes highly recommended from one of the SoCal MK7 FB groups.
Total was $650
That included the springs, install, and 4 wheel alignment.
Plus they gave me a T-shirt and some decals

Super cool guys!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Total was $650
That included the springs, install, and 4 wheel alignment.
Plus they gave me a T-shirt and some decals

Super cool guys!

That's super reasonable. Most places charge just that or more for the install alone...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

If you don't have DCC, start saving for good shocks. The stockers were toast in less than 10k miles after I did springs. They're barely adequate for the stock springs. You'll be bouncing off the bump stops in no time.

The difference in handling is massive too.

Last edited:

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
If you don't have DCC, start saving for good shocks. The stockers were toast in less than 10k miles after I did springs. They're barely adequate for the stock springs. You'll be bouncing off the bump stops in no time.

I difference in handling is massive too.
I knew the oem shocks were a bit of a risk, but it’ll be 2-3 years before I put another 10k miles on the car so I figured I’d be alright.
We’ll see what happens!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I hated the car lowered on oem shocks enough I was itching to trade it. I did the konis and trimmed bump stops and I'm in love with the car again. It's that much of a difference.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I hated the car lowered on oem shocks enough I was itching to trade it. I did the konis and trimmed bump stops and I'm in love with the car again. It's that much of a difference.
were you on stock strut mounts too?