GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got it. So it runs 13s, yeah?

No clue what it would run, but I doubt it’ll ever go to the track. He’s just looking forward to the Tail of the Dragon and local driving roads with it this year.

The last RB25 (swapped into a S14 240sx) I messed with was probably a 13 second car, but that was almost ten years ago.

425F20D5-9630-432F-8160-84B8457C4868.jpeg

The Skyline rolled into the shop a little less than a month ago bone stock other than intake and exhaust (both not well done, both not reused) so it was probably 225whp.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm pretty sure stock GD STI's ran mid to high 13's, so 450 whp is high 11's in that thing.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm pretty sure stock GD STI's ran mid to high 13's, so 450 whp is high 11's in that thing.

With slicks and driver mod I’m sure it would, but we mounted this as a joke.
9E9E56CF-DB44-4854-A98B-43C3E26D4B70.jpeg

On the 18” RPF1 & street tires it’ll definitely have traction issues so no way it’ll touch 11s.

The owner of the car (not pictured) is building a Corolla hatchback with a big turbo rotary in it. That thing should go 9s, but it’s not done and unfortunately it’s over 600 miles away from me at his dads so it’s unlikely I’ll have a hand in that build. The race car is a father/son project with his dad, who came to my shop last week and he’s super excited to see the R33 done.
A04397B2-568C-430B-BE05-0D187FC6D817.jpeg

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Like noted slicks and stars aligned with perfect DA to hit 11s in a sedan that’s only the rwd version.

Street trim for sure a low 13s car, but yeah it’s not built racer so expected.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Like noted slicks and stars aligned with perfect DA to hit 11s in a sedan that’s only the rwd version.

Street trim for sure a low 13s car, but yeah it’s not built racer so expected.

Ah, I thought the R33 was AWD. Makes sense.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They call it ATTESA, but pretty much. It was a pretty cool system, Electronic torque splitting. I still like 3000GT VR-4 Active steering though for the way the rear wheels turn left and right slightly.

My joke wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. 🤣🤣🤣

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I didn't even realize this wasn't the csb thread until just now. I've been confused all day apparently.