GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I use mine at least once a day during the winter time here.
That's me... literally every time I get in the car for months. I can't help but imagine these guys walking out and wiping the rear window with their sleeve every day in an effort to have the functionality of a wiper deleted.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That's me... literally every time I get in the car for months. I can't help but imagine these guys walking out and wiping the rear window with their sleeve every day in an effort to have the functionality of a wiper deleted.
What’s a winter? Rainx the rear window and keep the car clean. Never use the rear wiper.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I’ve had my wiper deleted for almost 2 years now, not once have I needed to clean my rear window outside of washing the whole car. With that being said, I’m putting the wiper back on this week because I’m bored.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I get bothered by just having a big clean spot after using the wiper. I'd rather have an even layer of dirt and dust covering the entire window. I'm pretty sure I still have the wiper motor from my mk4 too. It's something I've always done.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a few deliveries on dirt roads and in spite of driving very slow, 8 MPH, the vision out the rear window gets difficult. If when I get back on a highway the dirt doesn't blow off I have no choice but to use the rear wiper.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You'd rather not be able to see behind you clearly than have a clean spot that you can see behind you through?

I get it, but that makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I use mine in Florida, that rear window gets nasty dirty when raining.

Where do you people live where it never snows or rains?
Same here even though it rarely rains. I guess they don't care if they can't see behind them.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
You'd rather not be about to see behind you clearly than have a clean spot that you can see behind you through?

I get it, but that makes no sense to me.
It doesn't stop me from seeing anything lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Always the oddest that wiper deletes on OTHERS cars always bring y’all out the woodworks to question them😂😂.

And even when someone says they don’t use their wipers, that’s still ignored and their PERSONAL experience overrules that and an imaginary situation is created.

I’m in Vegas… we don’t wear sleeves 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have a few deliveries on dirt roads and in spite of driving very slow, 8 MPH, the vision out the rear window gets difficult. If when I get back on a highway the dirt doesn't blow off I have no choice but to use the rear wiper.

I live in north Florida, the whole area is just dirty and the rear window is always dusty. I use my rear wiper all the time.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Always the oddest that wiper deletes on OTHERS cars always bring y’all out the woodworks to question them😂😂.

And even when someone says they don’t use their wipers, that’s still ignored and their PERSONAL experience overrules that and an imaginary situation is created.

I’m in Vegas… we don’t wear sleeves 😂

I'm going to have to disagree. The aerodynamic of a hatch are different and it causes a lot of road dirt to get kicked up on them when it rains. Even if it doesn't rain often where you live, this is just a fact.

I guess you really don't 100% have to be able to see behind you, verified after I drove an old Lambo, but it's preferable and safer.