GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I told my neighbor about my project car plans and his response was "just pay someone to build it for you, thats so much work"

Some people just dont understand that there are people who enjoy the process and being able to say "I did that"

eggzactly. If I could afford a Golf R - I’d STILL buy an Alltrack and make my own R-Track. Because it’s just as much about the journey and making it “mine.” Also I prefer the wagon body + Alltrack-specific body appointments (I hate that the Golf R doesn’t get fog lights, never got that)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Neat! I’m gonna give it a hundred or so miles and post it up for y’all’s review anyways

it’s just the EQT STG2, nothing fancy
Curious to see what kind of power you make (so I can compare to my car being on Uni). You are IS20 w/bolt ons or what?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well...that's surprising.

What'd you think was so amazing aboot it?

Surprisingly strong acceleration, even compared to my stg 1 GTI and it had really good front end bite, more so that I was expecting.

I drove it at an autocross, it was on 245 RT660's. I was expecting understeer, but it was remarkably neutral.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
eggzactly. If I could afford a Golf R - I’d STILL buy an Alltrack and make my own R-Track. Because it’s just as much about the journey and making it “mine.” Also I prefer the wagon body + Alltrack-specific body appointments (I hate that the Golf R doesn’t get fog lights, never got that)
I feel that, I only want an R for the assistant rear wheels - so if I ever gave enough shits to get one I would actually swap To a gti or clubsport bumper and kill all the R badging.
After driving a stock DSG R, I feel like I wasted money buying a GTI and modding it. 🤷‍♂️
Funny enough I went to the dealer to get an R as an upgrade from my GLI… after driving both the R and rabbit… well I left with the rabbit. 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I feel that, I only want an R for the assistant rear wheels - so if I ever gave enough shits to get one I would actually swap To a gti or clubsport bumper and kill all the R badging.

Funny enough I went to the dealer to get an R as an upgrade from my GLI… after driving both the R and rabbit… well I left with the rabbit. 😂

Yeah, I can see how you could like the Rabbit more, I like mine more in every way than the at limit performance on 200tw tires. I drove the R at 10/10th on an autocross course with wide and sticky 200tw tires, so might be different as a street car.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Had help today & got a fresh front tire for the wife’s crf150R and the AS4 mounted on her GLI.

Little one insisted we trade for the Mopar, but fuel prices and wife said nope.

I’ll be posting her OEM wheels FS in a few.
Looks like a 360 magnum in there? Much better looking than the one I'm building XD

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Looks like a 360 magnum in there? Much better looking than the one I'm building XD

It has a 440 badge on the hood, but I honestly didn’t even look at it close after seeing it’s listed for 62k lol.

I’m dead set on a ‘70 Cuda if I ever build one, and it’ll have modern hemi power if that project ever actually happens.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Well...that's surprising.

What'd you think was so amazing aboot it?

I get it. I owned 3 GTIs (1 MK6, 2 MK7s) before my alltrack, and despite the horrible stock suspension on the Alltrack, underpowered engine, and terrible stock shifting characteristics of the un-modded 6MT, the moment I felt the AWD engage in the rear I loved the car more than any of my GTIs. It has the confidence inspiring effect that just isn't there with the FWD. It just feels "solid."

I can only imagine how much moreso I would feel the above on a Golf R, with a good suspension and 300 factory HP to put that grip to use.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It has a 440 badge on the hood, but I honestly didn’t even look at it close after seeing it’s listed for 62k lol.

I’m dead set on a ‘70 Cuda if I ever build one, and it’ll have modern hemi power if that project ever actually happens.
The premier Mopars have always been for the guys with the fatter wallets, but over the last 10years the market for the all the classic 60-1972 muscle cars is nuts. It’s why I keep the 70 Camaro in the garage waiting for me to get interested again instead of selling it off.

These are recent cuda auctions that were clapped and still didn’t hit the reserves.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165082172915?_trksid=p2471758.m4703#vi__app-cvip-panel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1650553717...75235&toolid=10001&mkevt=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

My friend sold his full 9 yards protour 67 Camaro (ls7, subframe,4 link etc) build 3 months ago for 150k… when your custom non rare/numbers matching car becomes PROFITABLE especially when you paid for most of the labor that’s a sign the markets pretty wild right now.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The premier Mopars have always been for the guys with the fatter wallets, but over the last 10years the market for the all the classic 60-1972 muscle cars is nuts. It’s why I keep the 70 Camaro in the garage waiting for me to get interested again instead of selling it off.

These are recent cuda auctions that were clapped and still didn’t hit the reserves.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165082172915?_trksid=p2471758.m4703#vi__app-cvip-panel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1650553717...75235&toolid=10001&mkevt=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

My friend sold his full 9 yards protour 67 Camaro (ls7, subframe,4 link etc) build 3 months ago for 150k… when your custom non rare/numbers matching car becomes PROFITABLE especially when you paid for most of the labor that’s a sign the markets pretty wild right now.

Yeah I keep an eye on the typical sale sites, but realistically the only way I’ll score one is by telling enough people that’s what I want and me being lucky enough to have first crack at one before it’s been marked up by several people.

Idc if it’s a poverty spec ‘70 Cuda and optioned in straight up baby puke colors, because I have no intentions of doing a numbers matching restoration anyway.

I could settle and build literally just about anything else cheaper, but a long time ago I set my mind to a ‘70 AAR tribute resto-mod so there’s where I’m at.