GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

I do have the itch to LS swap something, but not a Cuda.

Literally anything else is considered a Cummins or big turbo LS swap candidate.

Also, if the right wrecked Mk7 becomes available a mid engine kart is on the wish list as well. I’ve contacted people and asked them to request a buy back quote, just for them to wuss out and never even ask their insurance company.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I spy a Coyote fan....
Coyote in a Ford build yes.
LS is cool in gm builds and all the random small cars that’s have them crammed in there that don’t have a comparable brand specific option - like an LS 5th gen Supra build🤢

But a LS is a classic cuda is just as gross as 32 Ford with and sbc 350.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm actually planning on ls swapping my 79 Cherokee wide track over the winter/spring. The old tired amc 360 and quadratrac awd is causing so many problems it's not funny. I'm ready for some reliability!!!

Attachments

• 20160619_165440.jpg
    20160619_165440.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 59

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Got the Bilstein B16’s installed along with a Eurosport strut brace. Just need new rear swaybar end links as one of the stock ones broke, then 034 front subframe locking kit then an alignment.
Undecided on ride height at the moment.. once the new swaybar end links show up tomorrow I’ll give it a good drive to let the suspension settle a bit more, but I’m thinking I might be raising it up just a little bit more. A quick trip down my street makes me excited for what it’ll be like once fully dialed in!

if anyone has some recommendations for alignment, I’m all ears.

Attachments

• 1658BE93-2B20-429C-A470-A87D7913E88A.jpeg
    1658BE93-2B20-429C-A470-A87D7913E88A.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 64

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm actually planning on ls swapping my 79 Cherokee wide track over the winter/spring. The old tired amc 360 and quadratrac awd is causing so many problems it's not funny. I'm ready for some reliability!!!

👀 missing a lug nut up front.

That’ll be cool, you going to swap in a np205 as well?

A buddy of mine at work has a Wagoneer with a 4BT swap

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
👀 missing a lug nut up front.

That’ll be cool, you going to swap in a np205 as well?

A buddy of mine at work has a Wagoneer with a 4BT swap
Lol, yup, broken stud. On the list of things to repair/replace while it's down. I have a NP205 ready to swap in, just trying to decide on transmission. Torn between a 700R4 or and early 4L60.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
It lives. New O2 fixed the heater circuit fault and this thing is smooth like butter. Already feels strong on the base file and part throttle so I can’t wait to see what e85 and 30+ feels like.

Edit: need/want a new downpipe. If you’re selling or have a suggestion then let’s hear it.
D559E3FB-90F5-4619-9933-1AD50A46F1B6.jpeg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
It lives. New O2 fixed the heater circuit fault and this thing is smooth like butter. Already feels strong on the base file and part throttle so I can’t wait to see what e85 and 30+ feels like.

Edit: need/want a new downpipe. If you’re selling or have a suggestion then let’s hear it.
View attachment 226602
If you've got a Vortex, the best pipe on the market is the 4" Trackslag. Your turbo can actually milk more out of the Trackslag vs a 3" pipe like APR/Uni.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

Trackslag.