GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Thanks for the note! We were hoping to see some Rt 66 attractions. However, the trip is going to be too fast-n-furious to spend much time there. Perhaps another time.
Cannonball run? Lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hit a milestone.

PXL_20201026_115810120.jpg

I've only had the car since 32k miles, but here's to another 50k (and up) more!

riambink

Passed Driver's Ed
I have those same paddles on my car. Love them! Just out of curiosity How expensive was the scrap yard wheel? I'm looking to buy one and re wrap it myself.
Purchased the wheel for $70 at AutoHaas parts in NJ, but that was way cheaper than the other GTI wheels they had on sale. The buttons were broken on mine so I essentially paid for the core + silver GTI frame and shift paddle modules.

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Got my Sneeky Tune revision Today with SCP :eek: (y)
Highly recommend his tune for anyone that wanna squeeze as much power as possible (y)

Attachments

• 1EF1D99F-BB92-4B5E-B9F0-AAC630D27C4A_1_201_a.jpeg
    1EF1D99F-BB92-4B5E-B9F0-AAC630D27C4A_1_201_a.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 91

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
Winter fit put on today (y) Chunky Michelin X-Ice Snow 215/50/17's on some replica Pretoria wheels (I couldn't find them in gloss black so the silver will have to do). These beefy tires will be great for the purportedly extra snowy winter we're going to have in the Ottawa Valley. Very little road noise too, which was a pleasant surprise. The morning snow kind of took away the freshly-washed look my car had yesterday, but he's still looking great!
IMG_3905.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Make car go psh. New intake installed, but it's raining so no test drive.
1603751614642.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Do 200tw tires
Found out that the digital speedo stops at 160. The analog one stops at 160, but figured the digital one would keep going.

See a couple lol emojis. Just wondering what's funny. Do I amuse you? 😂. No really. Was this something that was glaringly obvious or something? I had asked this question before and the digital speedo, but no one could give an answer or maybe they could but didn't, so just found out first hand.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Do 200tw tires

See a couple lol emojis. Just wondering what's funny. Do I amuse you? 😂. No really. Was this something that was glaringly obvious or something? I had asked this question before and the digital speedo, but no one could give an answer or maybe they could but didn't, so just found out first hand.
You show that guy who's boss.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Installed Southbend stage 3 clutch and Wavetrac.

Can't really give feedback yet as break in is 1000 miles.

Only thing I can say is pedal effort is about 100% more. It's pretty heavy compared to OEM which was admittedly too light. Got used to it within the first few miles of driving. Did seem to engage much more smoothly than OEM. With OEM, seemed like there was too much guess work of engagement point and timing for smooth shifts. Much easier now.

Very little chatter. Or maybe not sure what I'm listening for. Honestly with radio on, didn't notice anything, until I turned off radio and AC. Then I noticed a slight chatter just off idle...maybe??? Not the best when it comes to nvh and sounds.
it should feel like 20% more push now, break in sucks, I really didn't like mine. Also upgrade to motul gear 300 fluid will help the clutch chatter.