GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
If you think that's scary, you probably wouldn't like the high rise work I did way back when. Nothing like being 30 floors up, sitting on a two foot bosun chair, suspended by a 1/2" thick rope. That was occasionally quite terrifying.
Just no.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Found out that the digital speedo stops at 160. The analog one stops at 160, but figured the digital one would keep going.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ordered some fresh RE-71r 255/35/18’s for Auto Club Roval in a couple weeks

Went to autocross today and it seems every 3rd car was running these. Others were A0052 and Rival. I was sliding everywhere on Fk510's. Def need another set of wheels with 200tw tires.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Found out that the digital speedo stops at 160. The analog one stops at 160, but figured the digital one would keep going.
How many revs are left? I remember being all excited to kill the 155 mph governor on my M Coupe only to realize it was redline limited to 165 mph. Still came in handy at one track though.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
How many revs are left? I remember being all excited to kill the 155 mph governor on my M Coupe only to realize it was redline limited to 165 mph. Still came in handy at one track though.

Plenty. Not sure exactly, only glanced at gauges because didn't want to look away from road too long , but would say 1k left and that's in 4th. Still had 5th.
Cruising at 100 is 2900rpm in 5th so good for 240 😂

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
Got some new tires for an upcoming road trip. These things are incredible so far.
Don't mind the gap 😉

IMG_5287_3.jpg

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Went to autocross today and it seems every 3rd car was running these. Others were A0052 and Rival. I was sliding everywhere on Fk510's. Def need another set of wheels with 200tw tires.

Would like to try A052’s but can’t justify the extra cost. Having an extra set for track is nice 👍🏼

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Purchased a GTI wheel from the scrapyard weeks ago and finally got all my parts in to install on my 1.8! Swapping the front cover off the airbag was cost-effective but a massive pain to do. Now waiting for a R-line wheel badge...

I have those same paddles on my car. Love them! Just out of curiosity How expensive was the scrap yard wheel? I'm looking to buy one and re wrap it myself.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Started my track prep for Auto Club in a few weeks. Installed Porterfield R4’s up front and performed a light bedding. Initial feel after bedding is they have good initial bite

DFB12744-2630-4CD3-9CB5-EE238A9276E4.jpeg

F9FFF22F-BE10-411D-A53D-3FAFDA8D3C82.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Would like to try A052’s but can’t justify the extra cost. Having an extra set for track is nice 👍🏼

I've got a set of fk510 for street, a set of RE71R'S for autocross and another set of wheels sitting waiting for a track tire, likely RS4's for track.

I've got another set of 60% tread RE71R's, but don't know what to do with them. I've heard the upcoming RE71RS's are going to be amazing.