GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Gave it a bath! Lovr black, but man they get dirty quick!
20200702_195506.jpg
20200702_200310.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Including the mini dirt bike?

It has a flat lol, tube is sitting next to the windshield washer fluid pump for my car.

My zero turn, pressure washer, suburban, gti and quad all need oil changes.

Also time for differential fluid, t case and transmission on the suburban and the transmission on the gti lol. Nothing is overdue, but they’re all right about at the interval I change at (7k for the daily drivers)

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Started my DKM clutch install. I gave myself the entire weekend to get this done and glad I did. Always something that does not go exactly as you want. I was hoping to get the trans out the first day but got stumped by the VAQ removal.

Turns out there is a small screw all the way in the back of the VAQ that must come out, which somehow I missed after watching several videos. And then nobody mentioned what type of screw. Turns out it is a special tool from VW, T10107A, that is not readily available. So after searching three stores, found an 6mm 1/4" drive hex bit that fit in the access hole on the VAQ with a long extension. Worked like a charm but after wasting a couple of hours, decided to call it a day.

Attachments

• Clutch Day 1.jpg
    Clutch Day 1.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 158
  • VAQ tool.jpg
    VAQ tool.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 159

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Started my DKM clutch install. I gave myself the entire weekend to get this done and glad I did. Always something that does not go exactly as you want. I was hoping to get the trans out the first day but got stumped by the VAQ removal.

Turns out there is a small screw all the way in the back of the VAQ that must come out, which somehow I missed after watching several videos. And then nobody mentioned what type of screw. Turns out it is a special tool from VW, T10107A, that is not readily available. So after searching three stores, found an 6mm 1/4" drive hex bit that fit in the access hole on the VAQ with a long extension. Worked like a charm but after wasting a couple of hours, decided to call it a day.

Yup. I got stuck on the exact same thing. Not because I didn't know it was there, but because it wasn't until the car was in pieces did I figure out the only Allen socket I had in 6mm was 3/8" drive which wouldn't fit in the hole.

After searching every inch of my tool boxes I found a 7mm in 1/4" drive which I was able to grind down to fit. So ghetto.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yup. I got stuck on the exact same thing. Not because I didn't know it was there, but because it wasn't until the car was in pieces did I figure out the only Allen socket I had in 6mm was 3/8" drive which wouldn't fit in the hole.

After searching every inch of my tool boxes I found a 7mm in 1/4" drive which I was able to grind down to fit. So ghetto.
haha, i remember you showing the whole 7x6mm custom set up.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Day 2 over. Dropped the axles to make things easier then dropped the trans out. Not quite as bad a some made it out to be, but still pretty heavy. Removed the old clutch and RMS, which wasn't leaking, and replaced with the iABED unit. Really a nice piece.

Then I got the DKM dual clutch unit in and all 27 tiny screws that must be installed. Don't be like me and not follow the instructions 100%. Not only did I have to install the 27 screws, I had to take them all out again, realign the clutches, and re-install all the screws.

Attachments

• Old clutch.jpg
    Old clutch.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 107
  • iABED.jpg
    iABED.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 103
  • DKM.jpg
    DKM.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 103