GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Benedio

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf GTI SE
Would you guys post the images of those brake light covers installed please? Thinking about ordering too, but in doubt which option to choose :)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Based on the crappy site description, I got the one with solid honeycombs and transparent lines, with GTI lettering.
Man! I was feeling the same way when reading it... I want it blacked out with the filled honeycomb and bunny logo, But I’m not fully sure the difference with the regular tint vs smoked tint option

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Spent the day installed my hybrid turbo! Little more time consuming that I figured but I did start n stop a lot, and some of the smaller elements got frustration (lower oil line& and finding the right way to fines the turbo out between the firewall and engine.

also I don’t know if it’s normal my my is20 in had 18k on it but there was a good visible about of shaft play and the waste-gate was super loose and “rattle-e” on the inside.
DD561E17-9767-4CA1-B5B4-8C795CA0A858.jpeg
00940767-1146-4176-BC38-2D8C14F4DCBE.jpeg

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Spend the day installed my hybrid turbo! Little more time consuming that I figured but I did start n stop a lot, and some of the smaller elements got frustration (lower oil line& and finding the right way to fines the turbo out between the firewall and engine.

also I don’t know if it’s normal my my is20 in had 18k on it but there was a good visible about of shaft play and the waste-gate was super loose and “rattle-e” on the inside.
View attachment 165688View attachment 165689
Tuning the Hybrid on JB4?
Shaft play should not be normal. IS20 WG rests loose and rattle-e.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Man! I was feeling the same way when reading it... I want it blacked out with the filled honeycomb and bunny logo, But I’m not fully sure the difference with the regular tint vs smoked tint option

The only options for tint they have are "no tint" and "smoked tint." I assume "no tint" means fully transparent. So in your case, no tint would mean fully transparent lines between the honeycombs. Smoked tint would have smoked lines, so they would pass through less light. That's my take on their description.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Got around to installing the solowerks coilovers on the GSW and get the ride height where I wanted. Of course, I started getting some front end clunk so need to go back and figure out what I may have screwed up, lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Tuning the Hybrid on JB4?
Shaft play should not be normal. IS20 WG rests loose and rattle-e.
Thanks for the info, yeah for now it will be JB4. Dont want to spend the money on the protune till I get all the fueling needs so I can run full e85, cause I’m really tired of filling up at 2 stations for an e blend.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Spend the day installed my hybrid turbo! Little more time consuming that I figured but I did start n stop a lot, and some of the smaller elements got frustration (lower oil line& and finding the right way to fines the turbo out between the firewall and engine.

View attachment 165688View attachment 165689

Nice job on detailing the engine compartment also.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I know this isn't really canon to the title of the thread but.. I bought a set of Aggressiv carbon fiber mirror caps from USP on sale for 30% off. I picked up the last pair. This spring when the garage warms up I'll install those and my dynamic turn signals at the same time. That and I ordered high carbon rotors and Posi-quiet pads all around, and new spark plugs. That and I'll be putting on some Pilot Sports 4s - hopefully it'll feel like a brand new car

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Installed an Ebay FMIC. Well, almost. Tried to put the bumper cover back on and it wouldn't because the intercooler is sticking out too far. Don't remember any GTIs having this problem, just Rs. Either 2019s have a different grille or I got one that was made wrong. I was wondering why the hoses seemed a little short and fought to get them seated all the way. It doesn't look like it hangs out too far, but it was touching in several places on the passenger side, including the hose.

Had to do everything in reverse to get her back together. Now I need to shorten the mounting brackets on this chinese hardware. Got what I paid for in this case.
edit: Just figured out an easy way to fix this: rivets. Cut each bracket and then overlap, drill and rivet back together. May have to bend them a tiny bit to line up the existing holes but should be way easier than finding someone to weld aluminum.

Attachments

• snafu.jpg
    snafu.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 153
Last edited: