GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I just drove it home from the dealer. Took out the stock mats and threw in some moster mats for the winter. Unloaded my summer wheels and stored them in my basement . Now I'm reading the manual trying to figure out our all this fancy tech. The drive home was fantastic.

xAltered

Passed Driver's Ed
got my windows tinted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Pics are always welcome.

I realized my mirrors are useless with a little humidity and rain, which is almost every morning in miami. Never had this be such a problem with any other car. Any suggestions, is it just me?

PS- any could suggest a photo hosting sharing page other than photobucket, I've been using it for years but its gotten to be more lagging than my GTI lol.. sorry, joke there.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Pics are always welcome.

I realized my mirrors are useless with a little humidity and rain, which is almost every morning in miami. Never had this be such a problem with any other car. Any suggestions, is it just me?

Try rain-x on the driver window and mirror.
Do one side first to see how you like it.
If not better, it will wear off over time or use a magic eraser to remove some of it.

Last edited:

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
I use the mirror heaters to get the droplets off. Works pretty well, but only when it is less than 68*F, otherwise the mirrors dont turn on.

Do you not wipe them off really quick before driving, when it has been raining? Maybe an old habit for me. I give them a quick wipe, then once I start driving its clear as day.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
I use the mirror heaters to get the droplets off. Works pretty well, but only when it is less than 68*F, otherwise the mirrors dont turn on.

Do you not wipe them off really quick before driving, when it has been raining? Maybe an old habit for me. I give them a quick wipe, then once I start driving its clear as day.

So the mirrors don't work unless its that cold? LOL.. it'll never work down here in Miami, no wonder those things hardly ever did anything for me. I'll have to take your suggestion on the little wiping thing before I head out.

flygteye

Ready to race!
Polished my tips with Borla polish.
Before

After

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
I did this yesterday, but I installed a catted downpipe from USP Motorsports and the CTS Turbo Muffler Delete. Love the way the exhaust is still tame at idle and cruising speeds but really rips when I put the foot down. Can't wait to hear how it'll sound once I add a catback.

Also, I went with the Turbo Muffler Delete hoping it would solve my turbo flutter, but it didn't. Oh well, I love that I can really hear it spool now! :)