GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
On Saturday I started the day putting in Ss clutch line. While I had all that room on the bay I decided to go ahead and put in the ecs engine and tranny mounts and just go ahead and also do the hpa bone. I was going to wait to make sure my 3 day old spring + shock install was solid, but...

Anyway, finished it all in about 4 hours.

Car feels so so good now. Was worried about increased nvh but there's almost none, except a tiny bit at idle. Going to add some rpm with vcds but really it's hardly noticeable.

My final mod is a rsb and that comes this week. I wonder how long I'll be placated with this build. Stupid awesome hobby.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Disconnected my soundaktor. I wanted to see how my car sounded without it with my CSS muffler. Undecided at the moment if I'm going to re-connect it.

Tough job if you have larger hands like i do. Pro tip; put the wipers in the service position, that way you can pry the plastic cover up a little further

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Oil change, wash, mk7 badge

Mars1

Ready to race!
Added some chinese knockoffs of the racingline shift paddles. Man they really did copy them ahmost exactry. But RL wants $240 for these pieces of aluminum. I thought that even the $55 with coupon I paid on ebay for clones was to much money for these things. They work as advertised though! They just don't say Racingline on them.

Attachments

• 20181015_151436.jpg
    20181015_151436.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 511
  • 20181015_163637.jpg
    20181015_163637.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 526

Mars1

Ready to race!
This is the racingline original version-

Attachments

• 31262662693_5e60bd61ba_k.jpg
    31262662693_5e60bd61ba_k.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 502

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Guy in a modified WRX was giving me some revs behind me at a stop light so I gave him a little dig up to the speed limit of 45 and gapped him hard, got a compliment at the next red light. "That sounds really good!" Apparently the AWE Track catback gets the subie guys approval

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Added some chinese knockoffs of the racingline shift paddles. Man they really did copy them ahmost exactry. But RL wants $240 for these pieces of aluminum. I thought that even the $55 with coupon I paid on ebay for clones was to much money for these things. They work as advertised though! They just don't say Racingline on them.

Happy to hear this. My Amazon knockoffs are on the way!

Mars1

Ready to race!
Just ordered the silver ones from Amazon. Just couldn’t pull they trigger on the 200.00+ high end ones. How long did they take for delivery?

Not sure about Amazon, mine took 18 days from China from an ebay seller

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Just ordered the silver ones from Amazon. Just couldn’t pull they trigger on the 200.00+ high end ones. How long did they take for delivery?

I paid $130 CAD shipped on Amazon. Clearly from China as delivery says simply Nov 2 to Nov 23. And I just ordered last night. So 3 to 6 weeks.

jimboski10

Ready to race!

Do you have the link to the seller of these on eBay?
Or on Amazon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: