GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have the link to the seller of these on eBay?
Or on Amazon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just search something like “MK7 DSG paddles”

Mars1

Ready to race!
Mars, I took a peek at the pin on the underside of the paddle and it looks wider than the slot to get it out of, was it hard to remove?

Very easy to remove, just pull the pin straight out from the underside with needle nose pliers. It pulls out from the bottom side, not the top side. The holes are different sizes.

Installing was a bit more difficult though, I had to slowly trim some plastic from the little stop-tab on the steering wheel with an exacto knife to get a perfect fit and slide the pin back in. You won't know what I mean unless you experience it yourself.

Not difficult to do, just an awkward angle to get at it to trim with the steering wheel mounted in the car. About 15 minutes of minor plastic trimming of the little tabs that retain the paddles and some wiggling to get the pin back in so it works like butter.

The more expensive versions may not require the plastic tab trimming and just pop right in. It really was a minor thing though.

The arrow points at the slot where the trimmed plastic tab I'm talking about goes into if you have a problem aligning the pin on installation-

Attachments

• 20181015_151436_21.jpg
    20181015_151436_21.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:

alnation1

Passed Driver's Ed
Very easy to remove, just pull the pin straight out from the underside with needle nose pliers. It pulls out from the bottom side, not the top side. The holes are different sizes.

Installing was a bit more difficult though, I had to slowly trim some plastic from the little stop-tab on the steering wheel with an exacto knife to get a perfect fit and slide the pin back in. You won't know what I mean unless you experience it yourself.

Not difficult to do, just an awkward angle to get at it to trim with the steering wheel mounted in the car. About 15 minutes of minor plastic trimming of the little tabs that retain the paddles and some wiggling to get the pin back in so it works like butter.

The more expensive versions may not require the plastic tab trimming and just pop right in. It really was a minor thing though.

The arrow points at the slot where the trimmed plastic tab I'm talking about goes into if you have a problem aligning the pin on installation-

The ones i bought from AliExpress went right on without any trimming at all and I totally suck at doing this stuff, it took 5 minutes tops! They were a great add.

HookDaddyDiesel

I started to install matte black vinyl wrap over the shiny piano black trim on the dash. Removing the pieces carefully to do this the right way. I have pics I will put in the DIY section soon.

The piano black trim is the worst thing ever created on cars.

I can't seem to find a thread on this at all. Tried searching all types of stuff.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Clubsport mod #2: shift knob and boot
I had a Cobb shift knob on here before and broke the console trim clips while adjusting the cable end links. Ordered this as a replacement and decided to install the whole thing. Feels gud.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Car looks dope on both wheels. NT03 would look better if they were a lighter colour in my opinion. Love the R front end too...nice work my man

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Clubsport mod #2: shift knob and boot
I had a Cobb shift knob on here before and broke the console trim clips while adjusting the cable end links. Ordered this as a replacement and decided to install the whole thing. Feels gud.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Is the Clubsport knob weighted or is it the same hollow inside as the stock GTI shifter?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
@ Navin love the neuspeeds as winters, also laughing that they are "winters" to you lol. also love the paint job. is that vinyl, plastidip, or what?