GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what can i add to get a better sound on my mk7 GTI

chpmk7

Was just wondering what mods I could add to get a better sound on my GTI.
Already have installed a magnaflow catback but if I decide to add a downpipe will it changed the engine sound a bit or it doesn't change that much?

Or I may just be stupid and need an intake to complete my catback?

SHFT

Ready to race!
Do you have a wife? I took my passenger seat out and it sounds better already.

OK, just kidding, that's a horrible joke.

A downpipes will change the sound, it will probably be louder too, it depends on what you are looking for as far as sound goes. Intake will give you some good sound, you can also remove the hood insulation if you want to hear the turbo/engine more.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Since you have a catback you could go with a downpipe which will def improve the sound of the exhaust and add some horsepower or like mentioned above an intake will add additional tone to the engine bay

Intakes
http://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswagen/golf-gti/mk7-2015/intake

As far as which one, everyone has their preference on brand, and style but generally they all will provide similar results. Just quality of parts differ

Internexus

Ready to race!
Your biggest "muffler" on the vehicle is the catalytic converter, get a downpipe with a hi-flow cat or no cat at all and the sound will ramp up dramatically.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
cool thanks.

May be a stupid question but does an ecu change the sound a bit? always wondered that

A tune will, especially with a DSG. Without a tune your DP will give you a constant MIL. Don't you have emissions inspections in Canada?