GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you drinking?

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Good Mexican restaurants usually have a decent selection. You may have luck at more normal bars where you are at, as well. Some places even have tequila/mezcal specific bars. Just know that wherever you go, the bartender is unlikely to know much about what they stock, and won't be much help in making recommendations. It'll be up to you, but that's where that TMM app is so helpful. Just plug the brand name in and see what the ratings are more importantly, how it's made. Stay away from anything cooked with an autoclave if you can, and don't even consider the diffuser-made junk. Good luck!

I'm in a large city on the eastern half of the USA :D I think I have located at least one Tequila bar here. Say, a Mexican restaurant! That's a great idea! There are several excellent ones nearby. Tough part will be sampling tequila while only eating chips n salsa, while my wife consumes a full meal in front of me. She will be the designated driver :eek:

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
my current stack

stagg jr
four roses single barrell
willett
coronel EH taylor
buffalo trace
Weller

I just bought a bottle of (now discontinued) Corazon reposado that was aged for 10.5 months in previous Buffalo Trace barrels. It's fantastic stuff. It was part of a limited run they did called Expresiones that also included George T. Stagg, Sazerac Rye, and Old Rip Van Winkle anejos.

Any whiskey/bourbon drinkers interested in giving them a try, I highly recommend.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Your Daily Fine Liquor News Update

Cut n pasted from Seeking Alpha fwiw:

Bacardi drinks down Patron for $5.1B

Jan. 23, 2018 3:14 AM ET|By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor
Hoping to become the second largest spirits company in the U.S., Bacardi has confirmed a deal to buy high-end tequila maker Patron for $5.1B.

While the global market for alcoholic drinks shrunk by 1.3% in 2016, the tequila market grew 5.2%, according to alcoholic beverage research firm IWSR.

Diageo (NYSE DEO) last year bought George Clooney's premium tequila brand Casamigos for up to $1B.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Well, they were already bland, overprocessed tequilas in the first place, I imagine the quality will go down from here.

Well, I had better rename my post "Your Daily Bland Liquor News Update" :D
But seriously, always wondered about Casamigos. Just another "Celebrity" gig, maybe?

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Well, I had better rename my post "Your Daily Bland Liquor News Update" :D
But seriously, always wondered about Casamigos. Just another "Celebrity" gig, maybe?

Casamigos was good a few years back. Pretty much everyone agrees that they are now using additives to alter their flavor profile. I, for one, am not a fan.

In general, any time a brand is started or heavily endorsed by a celebrity, it's authenticity and quality should be highly suspect. Too many jump in the game, spend some money on marketing, a pretty package, and low quality juice and make money off of image.

Deleon tequila by Diddy is another one to stay away from. Overpriced, manipulated, and mediocre.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
To sum it all up, I only drink Belgium and German dark beers that are at least 8% alcohol volume. My rule of thumb is 'If you can see through it, then it's piss beer!' and I won't drink it except for Leffe Blonde which is my go to summer beer.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
To sum it all up, I only drink Belgium and German dark beers that are at least 8% alcohol volume. My rule of thumb is 'If you can see through it, then it's piss beer!' and I won't drink it except for Leffe Blonde which is my go to summer beer.

I've tried and tried and tried to get into beer, and I just can't do it. :(

Obsrvr

Ready to race!