GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waze in CarPlay ios12 lookey

Reboot

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok since no one else has mentioned this but pretty much everyone here posting screenshots and mentioning the new features of Waze for Carplay is in violation of the NDA for private beta testing. This was not a wide open beta program to the public, this was a private beta by invitation only. From what I have seen there has been only one screenshot released to the media. Even on the beta page is says on the bottom:

Versions released on Centercode are internal only. We trust you not to share this content with anyone. The Waze beta group exists thanks to your cooperation and discretion.

Last edited:

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I have been using a crazy rig of cheap no sim Android phone sharing my iphones interent just to use Waze. Will be nice to stop this stupid setup.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
I can’t get either google maps or Waze to come up in car play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only BETA atm. They expect a proper release sometime in Oct.

OP since you're a beta tester, do you know if you multitask with your favorite audio app while in Waze in CarPlay ?

TimGTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Google Maps update is out has CarPlay support.

Thanks for that info. Just updated Google maps and headed out to the car to try it now!

Quick UPDATE -- tried out Google Maps in iOS 12 and all works great. I'm still anxious to get Waze, though.

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Feeling relieved. I updated to 12 earlier and was kinda bummed to not see Waze on there yet.
Oh well, guess for the time being I can still trust Apple to continue creeping me out by telling me the best route to home, work, gym, etc. without me even indicating that is where I was going. Stalk much, Apple??

You do realize that Waze is both crowdsourced data and owned by Google who has much less strict policies on how users are identified and their data is utilized, right?

Apple's stuff is heavily anonymized and your privacy is far more protected.

I'm not trying to get into an Apple v Google debate at all, I use Waze and Maps with iPhone myself.

Ham2

I've been using Waze on Android Auto since I bought the car in February :p

I always run it on my commutes and trips without any issues. I've had good luck with the Police reports, but obviously you still have to be smart and know it's not 100% accurate.

Waze is also good at rerouting around traffic. Recently went to a wedding out of state and the "weird back way" it took us apparently saved us from a ton of traffic that others hit.

Would Recommend.