GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

water meth question

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
How much was BMS kit all said and done.... how hard was install?

I had another kit and bought the FSB separately.

Install isn't too bad. If you plan, you can do it in stages and drive the car throughout most of the installation. Maybe a full day total? The hardest part is figuring out what you want to do for a tank and where to mount the pump.

I used the washer fluid tank. No company will recommend this, but many people do it. Mounting the pump in the passengers side wheel well is a nice place. I don't like the tank in and pump in the hatch area because of pump noise and extra wiring/plumbing hassle

Look on BMS site for current pricing. But the BMS kit is priced very well from what I remember.

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
I had another kit and bought the FSB separately.

Install isn't too bad. If you plan, you can do it in stages and drive the car throughout most of the installation. Maybe a full day total? The hardest part is figuring out what you want to do for a tank and where to mount the pump.

I used the washer fluid tank. No company will recommend this, but many people do it...

Full on n00b question but can you still clean your windshield with water meth? Because I use my wiper fluid a lot around my dusty roads...

Mars1

Ready to race!
Full on n00b question but can you still clean your windshield with water meth? Because I use my wiper fluid a lot around my dusty roads...

Yes, the higher alcohol content dries up fast as hell but you can use it. I probably wouldn't use it to windshield wash if the mix is above a 50/50 mix though. It's flammable mang, it could stream down somewhere hot and flash.

When I use it to wash, I use it sparingly.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I'm currently running 100% distilled water. The car probably thinks its a nice cold dense night. I haven't felt a difference between 50/50 or 100% distilled water or data logged. I also raised the spray point to 10 starting and full spray at 16.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie

Windshield washer fluid IS water/meth. Generally about 70-80% water. Cold "minus 35" blends have higher alcohol.

If you don't have a race track or fuel supplier near you, using a gallon of the blue washer fluid and adding yellow Heet gas line antifreeze (which is straight methanol) is a cost effective solution. Walmart sells Heet dirt cheap and is not too awful on a per gallon cost basis. Not as cheap as if you have a supplier, but acceptable.

Stay away from the pink stuff or anything with additives in it. The additives collect and clog stuff. Even the oem washer system doesn't like it sometimes.

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
Windshield washer fluid IS water/meth. Generally about 70-80% water. Cold "minus 35" blends have higher alcohol.

If you don't have a race track or fuel supplier near you, using a gallon of the blue washer fluid and adding yellow Heet gas line antifreeze (which is straight methanol) is a cost effective solution. Walmart sells Heet dirt cheap and is not too awful on a per gallon cost basis. Not as cheap as if you have a supplier, but acceptable.

Stay away from the pink stuff or anything with additives in it. The additives collect and clog stuff. Even the oem washer system doesn't like it sometimes.

Awesome, thanks for the info. This might have to be something I dive into eventually.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I used heet before and the car smells different from the tail pipe when you're injecting meth for a long period of time. After switching back to 50/50 or even straight distilled water when I ran out the smell is back to the normal "rich" scent. Not sure what the deal was with the heet mixture?

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
I'm slightly confused on the complexity of these systems with "stacking" and what not.

I have a Snow Performance kit on my supercharged Mustang that's been on the car for about 12 years and 75,000 miles. I run a 50/50 mix in the winter, set the controller too come in at 4 psi and max about 15psi. In the summer I run 70/30 water to meth, it comes in as early as 2psi and max about 12 psi. I adjust it to temperature and humidity outside and how it runs at the track, in two passes I'm dialed in. I've used this system A LOT, so much that I wore out one pump.

Please help me understand the benefits of these complex systems over a simplified one like I have on my mustang?

jeanclaudek

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone, I have an issue with my water meth injection , I'm running it on IS20 with FBO and everytime I fill 2L of water meth (50/50) it get empty after 10km of drive

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone, I have an issue with my water meth injection , I'm running it on IS20 with FBO and everytime I fill 2L of water meth (50/50) it get empty after 10km of drive

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Keep off the throttle and it'll last longer haha