GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS: Measuring DSG Temp - help!

BakZamGai

Hi folks

I've tried trawling the multiple VCDS threads to look for answers but couldn't locate any so here goes....

When I get into VCDS, and click on [02 - Trans], the measuring blocks option is greyed out.:mad: Is there some option that I need to enable?

Cheers
Dennis

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Dennis: When you access the 02-trans module with the grey-out screen, is the engine running?
Don

ScozR

Ready to race!
The measurement blocks button didnt work for me either on my MKVII and the latest VCDS version. I had to use advanced measurement values and select transmission temp.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
@ScozR: Fed is right. Can't check level with VCDS. You will have to throw it up on a rack, and get it to op temp and do the procedure for filling up and leveling off the trans fluid. I've heard of DSG's being over and under filled, and causing trans problems.

ScozR

Ready to race!
@ScozR: Fed is right. Can't check level with VCDS. You will have to throw it up on a rack, and get it to op temp and do the procedure for filling up and leveling off the trans fluid. I've heard of DSG's being over and under filled, and causing trans problems.

Geeeeez you guys! I'm sorry I didn't spell out the procedure I followed for checking the DSG fluid level for you guys. I was simply answering your earlier question.

You'll both be very happy to know that the procedure you just described is the procedure I followed but with much more rigor. I used VCDS as a tool to monitor the DSG fluid temp so I could check the level when she hit the prescribed temperature according to the technical reference manual (35-45 C if I remember correctly).

ScozR

Ready to race!
Hi there

Pretty new to VCDS, so how do I get there?
Thanks in advance!

Its in the auto trans module as well. You'll see the adv meas values button there. Once you select it, there will be a list of values you can monitor. Select the DSG temp one and it will bring it up in the pane on the right. Make sure to have your car in accessory mode. I don't believe the engine needs to be running to view the temperature. Its been a while since I was in there but I think thats about the correct path to take.