GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded Front Lower Control Arms

Ravenstyle83

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
Have a 2020 GTI and love the car but never enjoyed the super soft stock suspension setup; so I did something about it. So far, my suspension upgrades include: a Eurocode front strut brace, H&R rear sway bar (25mm), and EQT coilovers w/camber plates. Lastly, I have these sexy Superspeed lightweight wheels and Conti summer tires. But I want more front end feedback without ruining the ride on my car. Looks like front control arms might do it. Can you all chime in on your experience with them? And post your recommendations on whether or not to upgrade them. I am planning on autocross a few times a year for fun and use it as my daily. From what I can see, there are only two options, Superpro or Whiteline.

Attachments

• DA435F7B-533E-48CE-8689-A3C9DB9BE5EF.jpeg
    DA435F7B-533E-48CE-8689-A3C9DB9BE5EF.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 64

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Audi TTS / TTRS control arms add about 1.75 to 2.25 degrees negative camber
and bolt up to the GTI subframe. The rear bushing is firmer than stock but NVH increase is moderate. Some consideration is needed for tire fitment if you have aggressive fitment. Also, those with auto headlight leveling may require some considerations.
edit:
you will also need new ball joints as the bolt pattern to attach to the LCA is different.
Doing this for autocross, along with camber adjusting top mounts puts you in a crazy class with faster cars that will stomp on you, in case that matters :)
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/audi-tt-8s-control-arms.323948/

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Story time for me, OP. No offense intended.

Before I autocrossed a Golf Wagon, I autocrossed a BMW 3 series. Modded up with camber plates, BMW Performance suspension, M3 control arms everywhere, H&R 28mm solid bar, Michelin PSS tires etc etc. Figured "this should do it' for my first autocross event. If nothing else, it had that 'go cart ride' on the street.

Unfortunately at my first event a young lady driving a lowered Honda Fit whupped me by 3 plus seconds, which is a serious beating. Took about 20 more events and a different car to finally surpass her.

So, she knew how to drive and I did not. My rec is save your money, get out and try autocross. If you like it, spend your money on seat time and better tires for a year or two.