GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

dshelton999

FEC = Function Enablement Codes. Additional features on your infotainment, like Performance Moniitor, Carplay, Android Auto. VW sells them as an additional extra, and osme people make a lot of money enabling them for less.
[/QUOTE]

How hard is it to find a tutorial on this? @Chillout

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
i have MIB2, and firmware 820 software 624, on a golf mk7 i can't find any updates on line for this, i am led to beleive there are newer ones. I have updated my maps successfully, so its just the others i need please if anyone can help.

What's your current furware version?

FEC = Function Enablement Codes. Additional features on your infotainment, like Performance Moniitor, Carplay, Android Auto. VW sells them as an additional extra, and osme people make a lot of money enabling them for less.

Hello Chillout.

I think I might be l happy I stumbled on you and hopefully your knowledge of Mib2 cause I have a question that I hope you can answer to fix a problem I have. I have a North America Mib2 (discover media) that I bought for my 1st retrofit (gonna shorten this big time ), took to the guy to solder patchboard with EEPROM chip, he goes to de-solder EEPROM chip and breaks it. -many months pass by- I found a way to get the radio working again and now all seems normal except on the radio information screen there is nothing. It does not show software version number or any of those numbers corresponding to the item in the following lines where it should show version numbers. See attached. So how can I put software on there if in fact there is none (even though the radio turns all the way on and functions?)

Attachments

• C17C4E5A-279C-4983-99D7-7BACA18F2E12.png
    C17C4E5A-279C-4983-99D7-7BACA18F2E12.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 961

simonmpoulton

Been lurking here for a while but thought i might as well ask. Does anyone have an update for my MIB2 High?
Part no: 3G0035020D
Hardware: H51
Software: 0687

newest possible would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

urosss

Car(s)
VW Golf Variant 2.0
I have MIB 2 Discover Media unit.
Is there any FW update?
And I 'd be really happy to get a link if there is any ;)

Part Number : 3q0 035 846
HW: H24
SW: 0253

Attachments

• mib2.jpg
    mib2.jpg
    723.4 KB · Views: 1,074

urosss

Car(s)
VW Golf Variant 2.0
i never got one myself, i seem to get the impressions that in Europe you can only get firmware updates from the dealer
I truly hope that is not the case, I'll keep on searching and will share anything useful I find, here...

urosss

Car(s)
VW Golf Variant 2.0
I'd at least like to find out if there is any FW update available as my iPhone is having problems connecting to Carplay sometimes :/

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
i am asking for new firmware as sometimes, i turn ignition on and radio doesn't come on, i have to turn radio off and on again and it fires straight up. Also i find that in weak reception areas the rear heater has a detremental effect on DAB, if its off the radio works fine, if its on and the reception is weak the DAB doesnt work.

Last edited: