GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

unitronic and clutches

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic has torque by gear, it will reduce wear but not eliminate it.

The GOLFMK7 forum commandments are in mine and Goingnowherefat's signatures, this is one of them.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
uni doesnt increase torque by that much though from what ive seen

Stock= 210HP / 258TQ
Unitronic Stage 1= 297HP / 346TQ
Unitronic Stage 2= 337HP / 370TQ

Am I missing something? Or did suddenly gaining almost ~100 ft/lbs of torque from simply plugging in a laptop become a small thing lol.

Judging by your previous posts of which almost all are about Unitronic, I imagine you have at least a tad bit of bias towards them (which is more than fine). Just know they are still a tune like everyone else, and like Gn4r said they still abide by the Golf Mk7 commandments: "Thou shalt not flash tune without taking into account possible clutch slip"

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you might want to give Unitronic a try then, I have only heard 1 negative review of the Stage 2 tune because it didn't have the crazy torque from the ~7 pounds over stock other tuners are adding.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic Stage 1= 297HP / 346TQ
Unitronic Stage 2= 337HP / 370TQ

Those are in BHP, figure 15% drivetrain loss a base.

Unitronic Stage 1= 252WHP / 295WTQ
Unitronic Stage 2= 287WHP / 315WTQ

Modded Euros pulled numbers similar to this in their Stage 2 build on their dyno.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Those are in BHP, figure 15% drivetrain loss a base.

Unitronic Stage 1= 252WHP / 295WTQ
Unitronic Stage 2= 287WHP / 315WTQ

Modded Euros pulled numbers similar to this in their Stage 2 build on their dyno.

I never said they increased the power by ~100wtq just ~100tq. I was strictly talking crank numbers. Still a massive amount and the OP is going to be a sad sad man if he assumes Unitronic will be 100% free from clutches issues.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
I never said they increased the power by ~100wtq just ~100tq. I was strictly talking crank numbers. Still a massive amount and the OP is going to be a sad sad man if he assumes Unitronic will be 100% free from clutches issues.

im not looking to be entirely clear of clutch issues i know they will eventually happen what im trying to do is get the most out of it with having least amount of clutch problems

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion

Yes, sadly the MK7 clutch is not made to withstand over 300 wtq for long periods.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Sounds like you might want to give Unitronic a try then, I have only heard 1 negative review of the Stage 2 tune because it didn't have the crazy torque from the ~7 pounds over stock other tuners are adding.

less torque is less likely to cause more issues is how im looking at it