GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Ha, yeah. Really the whole experience was kind of unassuming. I drove three hours, tech had the car for 20 minutes, we chit chatted a bit after, I paid the money, and away I went.

Not like there's some big shiny widget to point at and ogle over. I guess I just hope he actually did something. :cautious:

I mashed highway 88 on the south end of Lake Tahoe headed home. The placebo was definitely tricking me... Maybe. I'm hoping I'll be able to tell the difference at the next autox event. I did get 2mpg more than average on the drive home... More than likely a coincidence, but I've never seen high 32 mpg's in this car since I've owned it, all calculated at the fill up.
what do you have done to the car? I think many people commented that around Stage II you start to really feel the difference

I found while I was Stage II, before adding it, I felt like the car was being driven strongly by the front wheels. When I added it, I finally started feeling a push from the rear. It's not as significant as my B8 S4 was, but it is there.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
what do you have done to the car? I think many people commented that around Stage II you start to really feel the difference

I found while I was Stage II, before adding it, I felt like the car was being driven strongly by the front wheels. When I added it, I finally started feeling a push from the rear. It's not as significant as my B8 S4 was, but it is there.
It's about how much power above stock you are pushing...the more power the more this tune help b/c it removes the torque limit on the awd system which is based on your stock power level.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

I'm fully into the Stage 2 territory, along with suspension for autocross.

I'm pretty certain I can tell a difference when getting on the car, especially in the heavy rains we've been having since yesterday. But explaining that difference is harder, and very well could be my brain saying something is different.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm fully into the Stage 2 territory, along with suspension for autocross.

I'm pretty certain I can tell a difference when getting on the car, especially in the heavy rains we've been having since yesterday. But explaining that difference is harder, and very well could be my brain saying something is different.
Basically if you 2x your OE power level, you are still only getting 50% of the stock torque transfered to the r. wheels so let's look at my car. 199 tq stock so 50% call it 100 lb-ft max. Double teh power with an IS38/tune to 350 tq so now 100 is about 30% max. It's going to blow you away but it's there and I really love how my car pushes so hard out of the apex of turns with pedal down!

WagenWizard

Ready to race!
Basically if you 2x your OE power level, you are still only getting 50% of the stock torque transfered to the r. wheels so let's look at my car. 199 tq stock so 50% call it 100 lb-ft max. Double teh power with an IS38/tune to 350 tq so now 100 is about 30% max. It's going to blow you away but it's there and I really love how my car pushes so hard out of the apex of turns with pedal down!
Why do you all want to make me spend more money?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I used to cut a best of 1.61, now I can’t beat a 1.82.
I'm going with something else going on but a 1.61 consistently? That's quite low.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
On slicks. Though I’m on Hoosiers now and stuck in the 1.8’s
Diff is just tires. Tough to change more than one variable and figure what is causing what. The tune isn't the issue.