GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tutorial: How-To Fit Helix Soundbox + Spare in GTI

timefliez

For those of you that have the sub installed under the spare tire, have you noticed any improvement in sound or cons of any sort? I have my sub on top of the spare, but I have noticed the bass is very "boomy" not tight and punchy like I thought it would be. Note: I haven't had the amp programmed as of yet. Installed in my 2019 Rabbit w/DSG.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
For those of you that have the sub installed under the spare tire, have you noticed any improvement in sound or cons of any sort? I have my sub on top of the spare, but I have noticed the bass is very "boomy" not tight and punchy like I thought it would be. Note: I haven't had the amp programmed as of yet. Installed in my 2019 Rabbit w/DSG.

Program it = problem solved (y)

Branch846

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues getting hold of the longer bolt in the uk. Just bought this helix kit but cant find bolt any where other than from international sellers. Cheers

Branch846

Passed Driver's Ed
I did but he wasnt helpful I've just tried a different dealer in the area and they have it in stock cheers.
I've fitted the system today it sounds awesome only issue I have with it being 2nd hand they haven't put in the connector for the power feed to the helix sub I just wondering if anyone knew the part number for the spare connector that you fit to the original wiring?
Cheers.

Branch846

Passed Driver's Ed
It was the main feed Y cable to the stereo and helix but I've rewired it with different plugs now all working well also programmed it with my supplied dongle I've gone for 60 in mine as it is an estate. Cheers