GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Jachas

Ready to race!
Car(s)
A3 8V
As far as the offset is identical to the OEM rotor, machining a spigot ring and PCD redrilling is an easy task for any machine shop...
And centering of rotor is different. 67,5 vs 65mm on MQB, so centering rings required.
I think MEB rotor (ID4/Q4 e-tron,etc.) should fit easier than camaro rotor

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
And centering of rotor is different. 67,5 vs 65mm on MQB, so centering rings required.
The MEB rotor is obviously an OEM fitment choice...
but the Camaro one with its huge airgap, seems better when it comes to heavy braking loads...

IMG-43abadbcb0d45f980206702239246d09-V.jpg

Ps. a pair of spigot rings brings the Camaro rotor to OEM spec

IMG-c4f3c4caf5b183e6f3fc216aae556cc1-V.jpg

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
yes, MEB looks closer to ideal. if custom hats can be made I would look at someone like coleman racing for replacement discs.

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
So of course…I have to run into an issue. I started on the drivers side and the nut for the brake line that goes to the brake reservoir is stuck to the hard line. If I try and loosen it, the hard line starts to move.

I was able to lower the line from the bracket and then reverse the line that goes to the caliper. But…when reinstalling the new line I’m not able to line up the notch to get the brake line though the bracket and place the clip to hold it in place.

I’ve used a zip tie for now…

Passenger side is the same issue so I’m just taking a break since I’m annoyed… :(

Drivers side is done though. I hope I did not damage the hardline somehow as it seemed to move a little when I was trying to loosen the nut…

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
It's always something minor that causes the frustration.

Like we talked about earlier, if it were me personally, I wouldn't be stressing too bad about that c-clip not being in there. As long as your fittings are tight (which you said they were) then that zip tie should keep it from rattling on the bracket. I would put it on the to-do list of getting it corrected though, just because. I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the hard lines, but it shouldn't be terribly hard aside from snaking the new one in. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow.

You're rears might be in the same boat, so prepare for that.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
It's always something minor that causes the frustration.

Like we talked about earlier, if it were me personally, I wouldn't be stressing too bad about that c-clip not being in there. As long as your fittings are tight (which you said they were) then that zip tie should keep it from rattling on the bracket. I would put it on the to-do list of getting it corrected though, just because. I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the hard lines, but it shouldn't be terribly hard aside from snaking the new one in. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow.

You're rears might be in the same boat, so prepare for that.
@krs Thanks for the help last night! I appreciate you letting my vent my frustrations as well. Lol

I have everything put together and decided to let the car sit over night to see if I have any leaks as I'm a little worried about the movement in the hardline.

No visable leaks this morning so all I need to do now is bleed the brakes. Though I have to pick up my son at some point this morning and my wife is out of town...then there is this game tonight so I'm not sure I'll get that done today. Sorry...the suspense may have to build a little longer.

Aside from the issue with the upper portion of the brake line, the install when smooth. Rotors came off with no effort on both sides and this was a sign to me early that there was going to be an issue. Can't be this easy...Lol

Here are some pics of the unfinished project, the two pics of the brake lines are one of the passenger and driver sides. The driver one has some marks on it for when I tried to hold it with pliers (and blue paper towels to prevent them marks which did not work of course).

Also I could not find pics of anyone running this kit with Pretoria's. I did read on killerbrakes.com that you may need an 11mm spacer. I chose a 12.5mm spacer and you can see that it clears...

Recents - 1 of 5.jpeg
Recents - 2 of 5.jpeg
Recents - 3 of 5.jpeg
Recents - 4 of 5.jpeg
Recents - 5 of 5.jpeg

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Also, this video here best describes the issue I encountered. I'm not sure how comfortable I am using heat like this. I know when bolts are seized it seems this is the last resort and it usual works to break free bolts. I may take @krs advice and replace the hardline eventually instead as my OCD might not let this go even if all is working correctly.