GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track use coilovers

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
That looks awesome. How are those clubsport coilovers treating you so far? Looks like a serious track build
honestly it’s my ultimate street setup dailey driver I don’t track it. The clubsports are are great on the street if you dial back the rebound and bump a bit.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
A setup like that I would definitely wanna track it. Looks like you have everything you need to do so. I've been hearing the regular KWs are too soft and upping the spring rate will not match the dampers valving. If KW did custom spring rates it would be great.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
honestly it’s my ultimate street setup dailey driver I don’t track it. The clubsports are are great on the street if you dial back the rebound and bump a bit.
I deleted my last comment because I'm confused. You have a roll cage, and close to $10k in brakes, suspension, and wheels, but you don't track the car? Or am I confused?

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
I deleted my last comment because I'm confused. You have a roll cage, and close to $10k in brakes, suspension, and wheels, but you don't track the car? Or am I confused?
nothing to be confused about I have not tracked it this year and probably won't. I do daily drive and commute my Golf R in brutal Cali and would still have the same suspension/brake/wheel setup even if it wasn't tracked.

All of my vehicles have been on Brembo 6pots and the Clubsports tick all the buttons for me.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
nothing to be confused about I have not tracked it this year and probably won't. I do daily drive and commute my Golf R in brutal Cali and would still have the same suspension/brake/wheel setup even if it wasn't tracked.

All of my vehicles have been on Brembo 6pots and the Clubsports tick all the buttons for me.
Ballin'

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I'm digging your setup even if you dont track. I think your car would be very impressive on track and you would have a ton of fun but how you choose to enjoy your mods is up to you. Theres a ton of guys on here on stock suspension and some pads and rotors having fun at the track.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I'm digging your setup even if you dont track. I think your car would be very impressive on track and you would have a ton of fun but how you choose to enjoy your mods is up to you. Theres a ton of guys on here on stock suspension and some pads and rotors having fun at the track.
130mph on banked NASCAR turn on stock suspension and brakes was a wild ride...

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
Thanks I just wanted a badass street car

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
130mph on banked NASCAR turn on stock suspension and brakes was a wild ride...
How was that transition from flat to the banked section? Sounds like you dont plan on needing track mods anytime soon😂

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
How was that transition from flat to the banked section? Sounds like you dont plan on needing track mods anytime soon😂
Nothing that day was cool. First track day ever, I was terrified. I’ve since heavily upgraded my car for the track, but I still doubt I’ll ever go back to that track... (edit) concrete barriers are far less forgiving than sandy soil runoffs.

Last edited:

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Haha I knew what you meant. Thank god VIR has no concrete barriers anywhere. Didnt realize how much upgrades you did so far. I've never tracked my car stock so idk how terrifying that would be

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Haha I knew what you meant. Thank god VIR has no concrete barriers anywhere. Didnt realize how much upgrades you did so far. I've never tracked my car stock so idk how terrifying that would be

Not VIR, but I did Daytona completely stock in 19 Rabbit Edition, with the exception of a 26mm rear sway. The track is pretty easy on brakes, so that helps, but it wasn't terrifying, and I ran all day with a modded WRX and stock RS, both on 200tw and me on the AS's. It got a little scary in the rain in the last session, not going to lie, a little poo came out in NASCAR turn 4 when the car started to 4 wheel drift sideways towards the wall, hydroplaning, but that was about it. The AS tires would squirm and wiggle under braking and it used 50% of the stock front pads in 1 hour, but other than that, completely well behaved. It was a pretty cool day too, so no oil temp issues. A hotter day and VIR might now have been so fun, but the stock car is actually pretty good.

Last edited: