GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC770 or EQT Typhoon?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Honestly no clue I've never dynoed her, but from similar builds at my elevation, (Colorado) I should be somewhere around 450awh plus or minus some. Thats with losing 30% of our hp up here though between drivetrain and no air haha
Yeah I also noticed the typhoon has a faster spool than the 770 too so thats the way im leaning towards at the moment. My g25-660 doesn't even hit boost up here until 5k so a big part of me doesn't want to lose even more bottom end but some sacrifices need to be made haha. IM pretty much tapped out on power on my current setup

Colorado here as well. Ran a '16 Golf R on various stages of tunes through EQT for the 4 yrs I had the car. All of it flawless. Just sold it in April to move to something else.
On my R and various states of tune....
First on IS38 custom E40 tune from Ed, then upgraded to Vortex Std no MPI on E30, and finally upgraded to MPI on E85 and E40 tunes. Our power loss isn't quite that bad(assuming you are Denver area @5.5k-6k) . I did my MPI dyno tuning with Ed at Edge Autosport and my corrected vs uncorrected #'s for our elevation was closer to a 18% hit (510whp corrected vs 420whp uncorrected on my car)

Regarding turbo if I would have built the engine on my R (and I was seriously considering it for a while) I would have definitely gone with a Typhoon.
One..the customer service I had through EQT every step of the way in the four years I worked with them was fantastic. They did a lot of tunes on my car because I kept upgrading in bits along the way.
Two...I never ever had an issue on my car with their tunes in the many stages my car evolved through. I hammered the shit out of mine on canyon runs and backroads all the time. Was a 2nd car so when I took it out it was usually to get after it

Regarding Pagparts....I had Arnold's Brushed 535 LPFP in my car and it was a flawless product. For a while when I considered building the engine his turbo was my first choice, however, after watching a lot of the posts on Facebook Big Turbo page about the endless revisions that Ed mentioned here and some issues people had I don't think I would have gone with his turbo. I would have stuck with EQT due to my positive track record/experience in the 4 yrs I worked with them. Good luck in your decision whichever way you go!

NiTro78

Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Colorado here as well. Ran a '16 Golf R on various stages of tunes through EQT for the 4 yrs I had the car. All of it flawless. Just sold it in April to move to something else.
On my R and various states of tune....
First on IS38 custom E40 tune from Ed, then upgraded to Vortex Std no MPI on E30, and finally upgraded to MPI on E85 and E40 tunes. Our power loss isn't quite that bad(assuming you are Denver area @5.5k-6k) . I did my MPI dyno tuning with Ed at Edge Autosport and my corrected vs uncorrected #'s for our elevation was closer to a 18% hit (510whp corrected vs 420whp uncorrected on my car)

Regarding turbo if I would have built the engine on my R (and I was seriously considering it for a while) I would have definitely gone with a Typhoon.
One..the customer service I had through EQT every step of the way in the four years I worked with them was fantastic. They did a lot of tunes on my car because I kept upgrading in bits along the way.
Two...I never ever had an issue on my car with their tunes in the many stages my car evolved through. I hammered the shit out of mine on canyon runs and backroads all the time. Was a 2nd car so when I took it out it was usually to get after it

Regarding Pagparts....I had Arnold's Brushed 535 LPFP in my car and it was a flawless product. For a while when I considered building the engine his turbo was my first choice, however, after watching a lot of the posts on Facebook Big Turbo page about the endless revisions that Ed mentioned here and some issues people had I don't think I would have gone with his turbo. I would have stuck with EQT due to my positive track record/experience in the 4 yrs I worked with them. Good luck in your decision whichever way you go!
Oh gotcha! Yeah i was just guessing somewhere around 30% since its roughly 3% for every 1k elevation and then somewhere around 10-15% for drivetrain, but good to know thank you! Im most likely going to go with typhoon after all the feed back.