GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tornado Red GTI

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks amazing!!!

Do Eibach springs have the same drop as vwr?

I think the VWRs are linear springs, while the Eibach's are progressive which make them softer initially until they are loaded. On hindsight, I wouldn't have mind linear springs.

Drop wise, I can't comment on that as I haven't seen any GTIs on VWRs in Singapore.

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the front end of the older GTI, white. The black dip in middle looks nice. You kept it in good shape.
New car also looks good. Wheels make a difference.

Thanks! Absolutely love the wheels.

Can you take some close photos of the mirror caps? I have also bought them on eBay, but is still haven't arrived.

I'll put some up when I get back from work. But the CF weave finish is pretty wavy and the edges are not cleaned up very nicely.

Z27

Ready to race!
What are the specs of your tires? Are those 235/40 or 235/35?

Also, how much of a "side cushion" does a 235 provide?

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you take some close photos of the mirror caps? I have also bought them on eBay, but is still haven't arrived.

I hope your mirror caps have arrived. Notice the waviness at the top of the mirror cap? These are replacement caps.

What are the specs of your tires? Are those 235/40 or 235/35?

Also, how much of a "side cushion" does a 235 provide?

They are 235/40/18. I really hate scuffs on my wheels and 235 has an adequate buffer for me when parking alongside the street. I'd say it is quite well protected.

Last edited:

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Got myself a set of these! Had always felt that the GTI's brakes were a little hard to modulate.

Last edited:

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
nice mk5 and 7, especially with the BBS wheels, if only they weren't so damn pricy

Thanks. I really like the BBS spoke design, but would've gone for VMRs if the wait wasn't so long to get them shipped to Singapore.

Nice. These are cp5200? Did you repaint the rear calipers to match?

Yep, CP5200 (4 pot). It didn't occur to me to colour match the rear calipers :confused:. Not that it bothers me that much though.

I do like the extra stopping power of the brakes, and it is a lot more like my previous GTI... and 4 pots are enough for my driving style.

Purchased and installed it at Horizon Auto Tuners. Really professional job.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Very nice!

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Looks great and love the BBS grey with the red!

You have to be the first person to actually have the tires that on my list when its due for a change. How are you liking the Goodyears? After a lot of research this is the tyre I have chosen to replace the bridgestones (extremely noisy and rough) that came from the factory. The F1 Asym 2 seem to the best all round tyre especially in terms of comfort and noise which are my priorities. How would you rate it now that you have some miles on them?

I do find it annoying that the goodyear dealer in Dubai told me that I cannot fit 235's on my car as it will rub (he stuck his hand in behind the tyre and said that...), yet everyone here has them. Any idea why? (stock rims btw). Will it just be safer to stick to 225's (apart from the 225's being cheaper than 235's)?

P.S. i do not understand anything about offsets and rim widths haha :p

Last edited:

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Surprised I haven't seen this yet. Looks fantastic so far. Love it all!!! You make me wish I picked red instead of CSG now! I had that option as I was buying.

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks great and love the BBS grey with the red!

You have to be the first person to actually have the tires that on my list when its due for a change. How are you liking the Goodyears? After a lot of research this is the tyre I have chosen to replace the bridgestones (extremely noisy and rough) that came from the factory. The F1 Asym 2 seem to the best all round tyre especially in terms of comfort and noise which are my priorities. How would you rate it now that you have some miles on them?

I do find it annoying that the goodyear dealer in Dubai told me that I cannot fit 235's on my car as it will rub (he stuck his hand in behind the tyre and said that...), yet everyone here has them. Any idea why? (stock rims btw). Will it just be safer to stick to 225's (apart from the 225's being cheaper than 235's)?

P.S. i do not understand anything about offsets and rim widths haha :p

I'm not too sure, but I'd stick to 225s if I was running stock wheels.... The Goodyears are pretty solid in the dry and hold their own in the wet. Of course, I would've gone for PSS if the budget permitted.

Surprised I haven't seen this yet. Looks fantastic so far. Love it all!!! You make me wish I picked red instead of CSG now! I had that option as I was buying.
Haha, I actually like the CSG a lot as well. It wasn't available when I was car shopping.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply Kilo! :)

Yeah, I have heard a lot of good stuff about dry and wet performance of the goodyears, just not much about noise and comfort..

How would rate them in terms of comfort and noise compared to your previous tires?

Thanks again as this just helps me feel relieved i've chosen the right tire :D

Last edited: