GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tornado Red GTI

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there! I used to own a MkV GTI back in 2005. Drove it for 3 1/2 years before trading it in.

Now, 9 years after my first purchase, I am the owner of a Tornado Red GTI in Singapore. Have never forgotten how my MkV drives and the current Mk7 is just as amazing!

The GTIs in Singapore come with the standard halogen rear lights and swapping to LED tail lights is the only upgrade I have done (so far).

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looking good, what do you have planned for it

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking good, what do you have planned for it

Not much this time round. Lots have changed in the last 9 years and with the addition of an extra little passenger, I'm hoping to keep the ride softer and the exhaust note just the way it is. :)

Am just looking at a BBK that will fit the current stock wheels (as I do like the look of them). Not much around at the moment, except StopTech.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
It makes the old Mk.5 look rather chubby in comparison!

jjm51

Ready to race!
beauty. red is on my list. :)

congrats.

i do like your bbs'? on the mk5 more though.

first thing i am doing is losing the stock wheels on my mk7 gti. haven't seen any stock one's yet that i like.

any future mod's for you? cosmetic or performance?

enjoy your new car in good health!

golfonsteroids

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice tail lights! Hope you don't have any problems with the crazily-stringent inspections in Singapore. Some of the rules they have are just plain stupid. My mate from Singapore failed his inspection because he changed his E46's tailight to a facelifted one. The difference?

And both are halogen bulb designs! They claimed it was 'unsafe because your vehicle was did not come stock with it'. I feel like slapping whoever came up with these rulings sometimes, honestly.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi there! I used to own a MkV GTI back in 2005. Drove it for 3 1/2 years before trading it in.

Now, 9 years after my first purchase, I am the owner of a Tornado Red GTI in Singapore. Have never forgotten how my MkV drives and the current Mk7 is just as amazing!

The GTIs in Singapore come with the standard halogen rear lights and swapping to LED tail lights is the only upgrade I have done (so far).

Nice! I had gone the other way from red to white.

Kilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the comments! The rules in Singapore are indeed ridiculous, not to mention the infamous prices of cars here.

Looking to keep my car stock, but I'm afraid I've fallen into the slippery mod slope! Got myself a set of these bad boys over the weekend....

BBS CH-R 18 x 8.5J +47

Went for 18 inchers with a slightly wider tyre setup (Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2) as I would like to keep the original ride comfort for the kid. I'll say it before anyone does, it needs to be lowered. Considering a set of Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs as it supposedly lowers the ride height without compromising on comfort.

Quite a dearth of mods for the Mk7 GTI for now until it hits the US market.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the comments! The rules in Singapore are indeed ridiculous, not to mention the infamous prices of cars here.

Looking to keep my car stock, but I'm afraid I've fallen into the slippery mod slope! Got myself a set of these bad boys over the weekend....

Pity you were not closer, I would have purchased one of the Austin Alloys from you as I have just scratched one of mine :(

snailmeat

Ready to race!
The new rims look good Kilo. The darker rims go great with the bright red. I have been thinking about lowering springs as well, eibach seems like the most commonly available. Any idea if VWR is available in SG?

BTW, do you know the specs of the window tint that the car came with? This weekend it has been crazy sunny and it made me think if I'm at the legal tint limit already or if I could go darker.

MidKnight7

Ready to race!
Awesome wheels Kilo
is your new tire width 235?
i put the stock tires on my aftermarket wheels and it has that stretched look which im not really into
and yes please lower your ride height and that car will look extra mean :D

jjm51

Ready to race!

BBS CH-R 18 x 8.5J +47

Went for 18 inchers with a slightly wider tyre setup (Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2) as I would like to keep the original ride comfort for the kid. I'll say it before anyone does, it needs to be lowered. Considering a set of Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs as it supposedly lowers the ride height without compromising on comfort.

Quite a dearth of mods for the Mk7 GTI for now until it hits the US market.

nice! looks really good.

could you take a side shot picture of the car w/the new wheels? i'd appreciate it.

what wheels/rims are those by the way? bbs?

thnx!

john

Last edited:

jjm51

Ready to race!
also, is your car set at a higher ride than other countries? or, is that just the stock height like we will get here in the states? thnx again.

john