GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tiny dent on hood

gameaud

Ready to race!
Hey guys i got a small pea size dent on my hood with a paint chip in the middleof the dent. Dent is not to deep either. Not to worried about the paint chip but do you guys know if the dent can be popped out? Could I just lift the hood and pop it out from the inside? Or should I just hire a professional

gameaud

Ready to race!
lol ok I'll post a pic later today. I actually tried to get a pic the other day to send in for a quote but it's barely noticeable on camera for some reason. Will try again today after work

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
You can also buy a paintless dent puller from Harbor Freight and go at it. I recently pulled some dents out of a friends STI, can't tell there was a dent there.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I tried to remove one myself before. Just made it worse. I'd go to a paintless dent repair shop, get some quotes through them via YELP.

Or, believe it or not, go to your dealership. They all usually have a guy who comes on site a day or two a week and does PDR. My dealership got it done for me for 1/2 the price of the yelp quotes I was getting. The dent and subsequent fuck up from my trying to fix it was dead center above the VW emblem on the hatch. Can't tell at all that it was there.

Good luck.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Really depends on where the dent is. If it's above the support braces there's not much you can do.

Not totally true. While it may not be a straight forward technique, a good PDR guy has different methods for different situations. On one of my cars, there was an area without access to the back, and he was able to glue on a post and used a slap hammer type tool that pulled on the post. Amazing stuff!

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Not totally true. While it may not be a straight forward technique, a good PDR guy has different methods for different situations. On one of my cars, there was an area without access to the back, and he was able to glue on a post and used a slap hammer type tool that pulled on the post. Amazing stuff!

Ya, a PDR can do great things. I was mostly referring to him trying to fix it himself.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie

I got a parking ding on one of my rear wheel arches in an area where there wasn't any access to the back of the panel. The PDR guy used the method you've described above and removed the ding completely so you'd never know there had been any damage.

Watching these PDR guys use their skills to remove bodywork damage is amazing.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Dealer's PDR guy is the way to go. Don't worry about a support brace. They can drill a small hole to access the area and rustproof the metal and plug it if absolutely necessary.

gameaud

Ready to race!
Heres a pic, dent is very minor, theres only a small crease indent. The dent or should i say crease is pea size, literally one pea lol. I really just want an even surface so i can apply touch up paint on the paint chip.

Also why are images so big on here lol.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I wouldn't call that very minor. I know it would bug the hell out of me if it was on my car. I would have a PDR guy take it out, polish it, then carefully touch up the missing paint with a .8mm brush.

gameaud

Ready to race!
I wouldn't call that very minor. I know it would bug the hell out of me if it was on my car. I would have a PDR guy take it out, polish it, then carefully touch up the missing paint with a .8mm brush.

I honestly don't mind it at all. Im just worried the paint chip if left untreated will cause rust in the future. Quote for just the dent is $125, wondering now if i can just apply touch up paint without removing the dent.

Heres a pic from a feet away