GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of coming back..

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Still debating. Its been a week and the dealer called me today asking if i were still interested.

If you're really still somewhat interested, here's how I'd play it - call the dealer back, tell them to make you their "best and final offer that I can't possibly refuse", and to put it in writing in an email, and promise to respond within 10 minutes. It needs to include an itemized listing of every cost, including T&L plus any fee they're adding. It's the last day of the month - you might just get an offer that you "can't refuse". Or it may be close and you can counter one time and see if they accept. For instance, if they add any fluff that you don't want, you can ask them to remove it and revise the quote. Worth a shot.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
If you're really still somewhat interested, here's how I'd play it - call the dealer back, tell them to make you their "best and final offer that I can't possibly refuse", and to put it in writing in an email, and promise to respond within 10 minutes. It needs to include an itemized listing of every cost, including T&L plus any fee they're adding. It's the last day of the month - you might just get an offer that you "can't refuse". Or it may be close and you can counter one time and see if they accept. For instance, if they add any fluff that you don't want, you can ask them to remove it and revise the quote. Worth a shot.

Eh. That particular deal fell through and the car was sold. They low balled me so absurdly on my AMG that I was borderline offended. The sales guy ended up texting me from his personal number telling me that the sales manager was just looking to steal my AMG from me and tossed out a bs offer because there was already a deal in the works with another buyer on the R.

That said, I took my AMG to Tortilla Flat today and WOW was it fun. Yes, its a 3900lb car but it really doesn't feel like it in S+. I had a BLAST of a time and for a moment made me reconsider wanting to leave to return to a Golf..

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
That said, I took my AMG to Tortilla Flat today and WOW was it fun. Yes, its a 3900lb car but it really doesn't feel like it in S+. I had a BLAST of a time and for a moment made me reconsider wanting to leave to return to a Golf..

Ah, Tortilla Flat. I used to live in Chandler and run out that direction now and then. Did they ever finish fixing AZ88? Around when I was moving they were starting to repave it, or at least parts of it.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
Ah, Tortilla Flat. I used to live in Chandler and run out that direction now and then. Did they ever finish fixing AZ88? Around when I was moving they were starting to repave it, or at least parts of it.

It was actually my first time there, but 88 was fine I guess and the road all the way until it transitions to dirt up tortilla flat was all repaved in the past few years I'm told. Man it was a fun drive. We got out at like 6:30am so the roads were quiet and we were ripping (911 GTS and me.)

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
88 was absolutely cratered before they fixed it - really ruined the potential for a nice drive. I gotta venture back up there and give it another run now that it's fixed.