GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thermostat housing and water pump fail.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's an aluminum pump, but IIRC, the thermostat housing was for mk6 that was posted in that thread.

Thanks so there isn't one for the MK7 or 7.5? By the way do you know what actually fails on the plastic thermostat housing?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks so there isn't one for the MK7 or 7.5? By the way do you know what actually fails on the plastic thermostat housing?

It appears to be bonded together. That seems to be the failure point.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Reach out to USP? If enough interest maybe they’ll make one?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Say what you want but I don’t believe this issue is of the same level of critical design failure as the previous gen’s water pumps. It was normal for people to have them fail every 10, 15K. I’m sure there are some people who had a similar experience on the MK7 but there’s like a few individuals where it was common enough to the point that it was basically considered a maintenance item.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
When I was emailing Issam with iabed about the rms, jokingly mentioned he should work on a better thermostat housing. He said it's in the works. Not sure if he was joking or not. Assumed he was joking at the time, so never responded to confirm. But in hindsight, maybe he wasn't. Not sure. might be some hope there

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
When I was emailing Issam with iabed about the rms, jokingly mentioned he should work on a better thermostat housing. He said it's in the works. Not sure if he was joking or not. Assumed he was joking at the time, so never responded to confirm. But in hindsight, maybe he wasn't. Not sure. might be some hope there
Perhaps I'm just dense, but who is "Issam," and what are "iabed" and "rms?'