GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

ewoodring1

Picking my GTI sport night blue DSG this Friday from father and sons VW in Mass
Sales price 26k with 1996 in sales tax doc fee of 499 and 190 of dealer fee for OTD of 28,750 and still using VW .9 x 72 mo. VW dealers in DC area wouldn't give me time of day

ptuhptuh

Seems like NVA has the best deals on GTI's. Wondering what the steps are if leasing a car from NVA and residing in NYC, using NYC plates and insurance as well. What state would I be paying the taxes to? Any info is helpful!

ewoodring1

Seems like NVA has the best deals on GTI's. Wondering what the steps are if leasing a car from NVA and residing in NYC, using NYC plates and insurance as well. What state would I be paying the taxes to? Any info is helpful!

You would pay taxes to NY state as well as registration to NY state. Depending where you are in NY it could be 7 or 8 percent tax and 290 for registration. Also the dealers I talked to don't ship cars so that would be on you

ptuhptuh

You would pay taxes to NY state as well as registration to NY state. Depending where you are in NY it could be 7 or 8 percent tax and 290 for registration. Also the dealers I talked to don't ship cars so that would be on you

I would be picking up the car in NVA and driving back to NYC, thanks for the info!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

Did you talk to all 22 dealers in the D.C. area (50 mile radius)? I'm sure some of them would be willing to ship. But honestly, shipping a car 300 miles seems like a waste of money.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
Picking my GTI sport night blue DSG this Friday from father and sons VW in Mass
Sales price 26k with 1996 in sales tax doc fee of 499 and 190 of dealer fee for OTD of 28,750 and still using VW .9 x 72 mo. VW dealers in DC area wouldn't give me time of day

What do you mean they wouldn't give you the time of day? Do you mean their discounted price and 0.9%?

ewoodring1

What do you mean they wouldn't give you the time of day? Do you mean their discounted price and 0.9%?

I emailed them after introducing myself over the phone. In the email was my offer, and no email back no phone call or anything else. Why was I able to get close to the my discounted price and the low APR in Mass but not in Virginia? I did this to Sheehy, Stohlman and Lindsay

solort1

I tried to purchase a 2017 Sport from the DC area by calling a couple of them that offered $21077 and a little higher deals. But after I found out that price included rare circumstance cash back as well as mandatory financing at higher interest rates, it was more like $25-$26K plus fees and taxes. Just not into the bait and switch. Ourisman internet sales manager AJ was an arrogant prick!

So just drove home a preowned loaded 2017 Autobahn with 33K leased highway miles in 9 months of ownership with every option and MSRP of $37K. Car is in new condition and purchased for $22650 including dealer fees (and I will pay out of state taxes and registration back home. Was a fly in and 12hr drive home, but a ton of car for the money IMO...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I tried to purchase a 2017 Sport from the DC area by calling a couple of them that offered $21077 and a little higher deals. But after I found out that price included rare circumstance cash back as well as mandatory financing at higher interest rates, it was more like $25-$26K plus fees and taxes. Just not into the bait and switch. Ourisman internet sales manager AJ was an arrogant prick!

So just drove home a preowned loaded 2017 Autobahn with 33K leased highway miles in 9 months of ownership with every option and MSRP of $37K. Car is in new condition and purchased for $22650 including dealer fees (and I will pay out of state taxes and registration back home. Was a fly in and 12hr drive home, but a ton of car for the money IMO...

Right...$5k off sticker is about normal. Pretty much all spelled out on the bottom of the webpage.

Picture may not represent actual vehicle. Price varies based on Trim Levels and Options. See Dealer for in-stock inventory & actual selling price. All prices plus tax, title, license and destination charge. Destination charges vary per model from $820 to $895. All prices include all available incentives which may require leasing or financing through V.C.I. with approved credit. MSRP does not include delivery, processing, or handling fees. The price may include the following incentives: customer cash, USAA membership discount, military discount, competitive discounts, loyalty discounts, lease cash or finance cash and bonus cash. For an explanation of these incentives, please see dealer for detials. Customers may not qualify for any or all of these incentives, which would affect the "Internet price" quoted. The "Internet price" is not valid with any other price, promotion, discount, or prior sales agreement. The price quoted does not include taxes, tags, destination fees, and dealer processing fee of $300. Individual vehicles may no longer be available and are subject to prior sale. Please confirm vehicle availability with the dealership. While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information on this website, occasional errors may occur. Please confirm all terms and requirements with a dealership sales professional before making a purchase. *EPA estimated highway miles per gallon. May not represent actual vehicle. (Options, colors, trim and body style may vary) The Internet Price for pre-owned vehicles are not valid with any other price, promotion, discount, or prior sales agreement. The price quoted does not include taxes, tags, $1295 reconditioning fee or dealer processing fee of $300. Special financing is available on specific certified vehicles. Occasionally, pricing and data errors may occur on various vehicles and offers. Upon notification, such errors and omissions will be promptly removed or fixed. Inaccurate prices and data errors and/or omissions do not constitute valid prices or retail offers. Please confirm all terms and requirements with a dealership sales professional before making a purchase.
**Based on the 2013 EPA mileage estimates, reflecting new EPA fuel economy methods beginning with 2013 models. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2013. Actual mileage may vary depending on how the vehicle is driven and maintained.
© 1989-2017 Chrome Systems Corporation

captcheerio

VW Partner Program

Hi OldEvo,

I'm getting close to making a purchase. I'm looking at a 2017 SE DSG. If I understand you correctly, you paid $50 for a membership to USA Cycling, and were able to show the certificate to the dealer to receive the $500 VW Partner Program incentive? Any pushback from the dealer on honoring that? If you were successful, I think I might give it a try as well.

As far as VW Credit incentive goes, I believe VW has the 0.9% APR for 72 month deal going on now thru month end. I'd probably go that route, as it's unlikely I could obtain a better rate from a different financial institution.

Also, I live in the Midwest, but I've noticed in this thread that significantly better deals can be obtained in Virginia/Mid-Atlantic region. I've found prices roughly $2K less than the best prices I've been able to get in my area. If I make the purchase, I'd likely fly out to the area and drive the car back.

Thanks!
Matt

You can apply online at VW Credit. It's pretty easy and I got an immediate response.

The VW Partner program gets you a discount if you work for one of a long list of companies. You need to get a VW Partner program certificate from your employer. That didn't work for me as I am self employed. However USA Cycling is a VW Partner so I joined them for $50 and got a certificate online. That's works for me since I am a cyclist.

Apparently the Edmunds prices already reflect every incentive possible; Partner Program, recent college grad, VW Credit financing and who knows what else. I think I got pretty close one way or another.