GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Gnosisdog

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess its an ok price considering there are rarely deals on R's. I'd just be inclined to wait 2 or 3 months and get an '18 for what I'm guessing is a small amount more.

o'bluetouring

So far in Los Angeles, I've been offered $29,000 before fees/tax for a 2017 SE DSG with no DAP (really want DAP but according to Cars.com, only 15 white SE DSG left within 150-mile radius and none has DAP). That was offered when I just emailed them and asked about availability of the car last night.

I think that can be bettered as TrueCar price is $28,000, but I'm wondering what's a realistic price I should aim for when I start emailing various dealers? Is $26,000 too crazy to push for? Maybe $27,000 is more realistic?

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matts67

I'm down in FL and am trying to figure out if it makes more sense to travel to a dealership like Stohlman or buy local. Every dealership I've dealt with down here is pure scum, but I've never bought a Volkswagen before. Can anyone chime in regarding whether or not a good deal can be had anywhere in FL on a 2017 SE? Thanks!

tknj99

Ready to race!
I just got offered $25,705 +$80 doc fee and tax (I'm registering the car afterwards in another state, as I'm military) on a base MT SE . Only catch is I have to finance at the "standard rate" and can't pay off the loan for 4 months.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a great deal, especially in the SF Bay area?

Also, I haven't brought the Partner program up to the dealer at all yet, so that offer is without it. Is there any reason at all that I can't surprise them with it once I go to sign the paperwork and get another $500 off?

Thanks

Don't fall for the "you cant pay it off before x months scam".. thats only a ploy for the dealership to get their kickback or whatever else deal they cooked up with the lender.. i was told the same to not pay off before 3 months, and as soon as i found out that the bank had the loan on their books, it was paid off that same day.
When i pressed the dealer originally about payoff early they kept saying the 3 months but i found out it wasnt anything in writing, but more of a courtesy so the dealer gets some extra money.. I think they already make their money from their bs fees...
All in all, cost me a total of $30 in interest for 10 days. If your in a position to pay off immediately, you should do that. You dont owe anything to the dealer and its only business afterall.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Re stupid dealers: Mine had the gall to say, while pitching their prepaid maintenance plan, that if I performed my own maintenance that my warranty would be voided. I asked them if they'd like to get VWofA Customer Care on speaker phone to verify that and they stfu.

KevinGTI

Don't fall for the "you cant pay it off before x months scam".. thats only a ploy for the dealership to get their kickback or whatever else deal they cooked up with the lender.. i was told the same to not pay off before 3 months, and as soon as i found out that the bank had the loan on their books, it was paid off that same day.
When i pressed the dealer originally about payoff early they kept saying the 3 months but i found out it wasnt anything in writing, but more of a courtesy so the dealer gets some extra money.. I think they already make their money from their bs fees...
All in all, cost me a total of $30 in interest for 10 days. If your in a position to pay off immediately, you should do that. You dont owe anything to the dealer and its only business afterall.

Great to know! Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely read the fine print and make sure there's no penalty for paying it off early, then.

KevinGTI

Just to update, I completed my purchase of a '17 GTI SE with a MT, and the details are as follows:

MSRP: 32,065
-$6,005 in negotiated discount
-$500 partner discount
=25,560 Sales price
+$222.75 in various CA fees
+$2243.5 sales tax
=28,032 OTD

Part of the deal included me financing at 4.99% interest, which I will pay off ASAP.

Loving the car!

xacid

Passed Driver's Ed
Which deal is better? This is for a 17 Sport trim with DSG trans

I have the cash to pay off my trade to not carry over equity - just haven't told the dealership that.

1/ Using all the available cash incentives from VW

Sale price $25200

Trade equity ($8600)

Sales tax $912

Doc Fee $135

Registration $162.75

Payment $534.91 for 72 months with $0 due at signing (2.79% financing thru Citadel)

2/ Using 0% financing thru VW

Sale price $26700 (I lose $1500 in rebates but get 0%)

Trade equity ($8600)

Sales tax $1002

Doc fee $135

Registration $162.75

Payment $522.37 for 72 months

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

I have the cash to pay off my trade to not carry over equity - just haven't told the dealership that.

Sale price $25200

Trade equity ($8600)

Sales tax $912

Doc Fee $135

Registration $162.75

Payment $534.91 for 72 months with $0 due at signing (2.79% financing thru Citadel)

Trade equity ($8600)

Sales tax $1002

Doc fee $135

Registration $162.75

I would read the fine print and see if there's a statute on refinancing your rate, and see if you can get a decent new car rate through a credit union. Either way, those are pretty good numbers.

Last edited:

xacid

Passed Driver's Ed
I would read the fine print and see if there's a statute on refinancing your rate, and see if you can get a decent new car rate through a credit union. Either way, those are pretty good numbers.

Chances are I wouldn't go thru the bank they want - my own bank is a credit union so might see if I can get preapproved.

krayziejcs

Passed Driver's Ed

Sale price $25200

Trade equity ($8600)

Sales tax $912

Doc Fee $135

Registration $162.75

Trade equity ($8600)

Sales tax $1002

Doc fee $135

Registration $162.75

Question...The trade equity, you are upside down $8600 on the trade? (As in you owe more than what it's worth)

KevinGTI

I think you can get a better deal either way. I just got a $32,000 MSRP SE for $300 more than your first scenario, though that's on a MT (details on this thread a page back). I would tell them they need to go much lower or lose your business.

Also, whether you get a better deal by financing at 0% or not depends on if you are planning on paying off the loan early. If you intend to keep the loan for the entire 72mo then you need only compare the monthly payment #'s to figure out that the 0% option in your 2 scenarios is cheaper. If you will pay the loan off early then the higher interest rate in the short term won't matter as much as the extra $1,500 in savings.

Last edited:

dynamicircuitry

(CAD) 2015 5sp Highline (SEL?) fully loaded but skipped the foward collision, 24k on the clock:
(Before adds and trade in) 22 flat as a CPO. managed to find two others in ontario currently for a comparable price (24-25k) but with many more kms.