GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm close on numbers with a dealership in Oregon. Will see what my wife thinks of adding this Pure White S to the stable. It'd look good next to our GFG Alltrack. So far they're at $2500 off MSRP with 0% APR through VWoA and $150 documentation fee.
Worst case scenario just wait it out. The S model is not going to go anywhere majority people who are shopping around either want an SE or Autobahn. Majority wanting SE. With that being said I'd wait it out.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
With only 90 of the 2021 GTI S DSG models in white remaining in the US (cars.com), I'd purchase sooner rather than later. Depends if saving another ~$1,000 off is worth risking the car not being available, or having to travel a lot further to buy it.

$2,500 off with 0% VW financing is a solid offer at this time.

It's reasonable to ask for another $250-$500 off, especially if they are a high-volume dealer, or motivated to hit certain monthly/quarterly sales figures.

K-Span

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MT DBP
I just got my first GTI a couple of days ago in SoCal. A black 2021 SE trim 6-speed. As you are all probably aware, inventory is very low on manual transmission GTIs and even lower on manuals with SE trim. I found the last one in at least 900 miles (and the nearest Autobahn is 400 miles away), and the dealer of course knew that as well. So I didn't go into it expecting to get a killer deal or anything, but it is what it is. I got the car I wanted (and could actually acquire; I was shopping for Civic Type Rs as well, but they're all marked up 5-25k over MSRP and that's just insane.) Anywho, the numbers (the big ones anyway) are as follows:

Vehicle price: $32,685.93

Stargard: $799. This is the one thing that kinda pissed me off. It's one of those overpriced automatic dealer adds that they won't remove and, due to the inventory situation, I didn't really have any leverage to negotiate it away. Whatever, I'll just rationalize it as a piece of mind thing 🙄

Extended warranty: $1650. I know, I know. Generally speaking, these things are an overpriced waste. But it doubled my bumper-to-bumper to 8 years/85k miles. That's about half the price that I've seen it offered to other people in my cursory searching, so I'm cool with it. Again, piece of mind. I don't plan on doing performance mods anyway.

GAP coverage: $995. This is pricey. My bank offered GAP for $299, but after crunching the numbers it was cheaper to go with VW's 0% financing than taking the extra dealer cash and financing through my bank with cheaper GAP and 2.19. Maybe I'm just risk-averse, but getting a quickly-depreciating asset without putting money down just doesn't seem smart without GAP.

Taxes: $2769.52. Fuckin' California, amirite?

Plus other regular taxes and fees, minus military discount, total amount financed: $38,971.20.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I just got my first GTI a couple of days ago in SoCal. As you are all probably aware, inventory is very low on manual transmission GTIs and even lower on manuals with SE trim. I found the last one in at least 400 miles, and the dealer of course knew that as well. So I didn't go into it expecting to get a killer deal or anything, but it is what it is. I got the car I wanted (and could actually acquire; I was shopping for Civic Type Rs as well, but they're all marked up 5-25k over MSRP and that's just insane. Anywho, the numbers (the big ones anyway);

Stargard: $799. This is the one thing that kinda pissed me off. It's one of those overpriced automatic dealer adds that they won't remove and, due to the inventory situation, I didn't really have any leverage to negotiate it away. Whatever, I'll just rationalize it as a piece of mind thing 🙄

Extended warranty: $1650. I know, I know. Generally speaking, these things are an overpriced waste. But it doubled my bumper-to-bumper to 8 years/85k miles. That's about half the price that I've seen it offered to other people in my cursory searching, so I'm cool with it. Again, piece of mind. I don't plan on doing performance mods anyway.

GAP coverage: $995. This is pricey. My bank offered GAP for $299, but after crunching the numbers it was cheaper to go with VW's 0% financing than taking the extra dealer cash and financing through my bank with cheaper GAP and 2.19. Maybe I'm just risk-averse, but getting a quickly-depreciating asset without putting money down just doesn't seem smart without GAP.

Plus other regular taxes and fees, minus military discount, total amount financed: $38,971.20.
Cancel the gap. Get it from your insurance. Cheaper.

$1650 for extended warranty is not bad. I was quoted $3k and that was 4 years ago. As long as its an exclusionary policy with few things excluded.

K-Span

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MT DBP
Cancel the gap. Get it from your insurance. Cheaper.
Did not know that was even an option. I don't remember ever seeing anything about GAP through my vehicle insurer (GEICO).

If that is an option for me, how would I go about altering my finance agreement with VW?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Did not know that was even an option. I don't remember ever seeing anything about GAP through my vehicle insurer (GEICO).

If that is an option for me, how would I go about altering my finance agreement with VW?

You just need to find the gap insurance documents. Reach out to insurance company and cancel

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
I just got my first GTI a couple of days ago in SoCal. As you are all probably aware, inventory is very low on manual transmission GTIs and even lower on manuals with SE trim. I found the last one in at least 400 miles, and the dealer of course knew that as well. So I didn't go into it expecting to get a killer deal or anything, but it is what it is. I got the car I wanted (and could actually acquire; I was shopping for Civic Type Rs as well, but they're all marked up 5-25k over MSRP and that's just insane. Anywho, the numbers (the big ones anyway);

Hey congrats!

I assume yours is a 2021 and what color did you get? I got my 2020 mk7.5 Autobahn back in March and my sales tax was based on what city my GTI would be registered here in SoCal which was 8.75%. Included in the tax was $85 doc prep and $50 emissions. $799 Stargard gps/anti theft was an option that the VW dealer put on my mock up contract at first and I told them please take it off and they did without a problem. I still need to look around and see if one was ever installed. I hope not because that means they must have tapped into the factory wires.

K-Span

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MT DBP
Hey congrats!

I assume yours is a 2021 and what color did you get? I got my 2020 mk7.5 Autobahn back in March and my sales tax was based on what city my GTI would be registered here in SoCal which was 8.75%. Included in the tax was $85 doc prep and $50 emissions. $799 Stargard gps/anti theft was an option that the VW dealer put on my mock up contract at first and I told them please take it off and they did without a problem. I still need to look around and see if one was ever installed. I hope not because that means they must have tapped into the factory wires.
Yup, it's a 2021. Black. I would've loved to have them take it out, but the fact is they knew it was the only SE (or Autobahn) within several hundred miles, and they knew I wasn't going to settle for an S trim from elsewhere.

Last edited:

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got my first GTI a couple of days ago in SoCal. A black 2021 SE trim 6-speed. As you are all probably aware, inventory is very low on manual transmission GTIs and even lower on manuals with SE trim. I found the last one in at least 900 miles (and the nearest Autobahn is 400 miles away), and the dealer of course knew that as well. So I didn't go into it expecting to get a killer deal or anything, but it is what it is. I got the car I wanted (and could actually acquire; I was shopping for Civic Type Rs as well, but they're all marked up 5-25k over MSRP and that's just insane.) Anywho, the numbers (the big ones anyway) are as follows:

What was your MSRP?
The price of the extended warranty is good. Is of from VW? Checked with the guys on yourautoadvocate and they are quoting 1560 for the same length and miles with 100 ded and supreme plus bumper to bumper coverage.
GEICO doesn’t offer gap, although other ins companies do. Congratulations on your new car.

K-Span

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MT DBP
What was your MSRP?
The price of the extended warranty is good. Is of from VW? Checked with the guys on yourautoadvocate and they are quoting 1560 for the same length and miles with 100 ded and supreme plus bumper to bumper coverage.
GEICO doesn’t offer gap, although other ins companies do. Congratulations on your new car.

The sticker MSRP was $33,895. Yes, the extended warranty is from VW, the "comprehensive" coverage.

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
It is a good price, dealer got his 500 and sold you the policy at a fair value. I am not a fan of expensive warranties but at your price it’s ok. I do recommend GEICO’s Mechanical breakdown insurance for some peace of mind at a low cost.

cb1111

You're right. It's "First Extended"
You may want to read that warranty paperwork very carefully and strongly consider getting a refund. VW sells an "almost backed by VW" warranty, but this isn't it.

First Extended has absolutely awful reviews. From the reviews, it sounds like you're better off flushing your money down the toilet (Best & Worst) First Extended Service Corporation Reviews - ConsumerAffairs | Page 2

When will people learn that extended warranties that aren't backed by the manufacturer (like Honda/Acura Care, MOPAR for FCA etc) are worse than a waste of money as they first take your money and then make you mad.

You have 30 days to cancel. Do it now.