GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

tstadgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE DSG
Wow that's a hell of a deal. When I was shopping new for SEs I didn't find anyone who'd go under $29k. My 2019 SE used was only a grand less than that! Well done.
Thanks, very happy with the deal. I think VW threw more cash at the dealers over the weekend on remaining 2020s as I had been checking pricing updates almost daily. I don’t think the dealers are getting many more (if any) 2021s in. Most of the inventory around my area is very low.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
Definitely need a lighter color living in such a hot climate.

I live in the exact opposite climate in Maine - most of the time trying to gain heat, using seat heaters 10 months out of the year.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
This is a cool thread. It’s fun hearing what others paid.

I bought my 2021 SE manual on Tuesday. One of only two left at the dealership. (Just looked and the other is gone now too).

MSRP was $34,222 plus $299 for dealer tint and a $698 “doc” fee, so $35,219 before we started.

To avoid this becoming a short novel, I walked out with roughly $4,000 off of my GTI, $37,500 for my trade in (positive equity of $12,991) and 0% interest from VW.

$18,206 out the door.

I was pretty happy with that deal.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
This is a cool thread. It’s fun hearing what others paid.

I bought my 2021 SE manual on Tuesday. One of only two left at the dealership. (Just looked and the other is gone now too).

MSRP was $34,222 plus $299 for dealer tint and a $698 “doc” fee, so $35,219 before we started.

To avoid this becoming a short novel, I walked out with roughly $4,000 off of my GTI, $37,500 for my trade in (positive equity of $12,991) and 0% interest from VW.

$18,206 out the door.

I was pretty happy with that deal.

what was your trade-in

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
what was your trade-in
A 2020 Charger R/T. It was pretty and loud and guzzled gas and big as a dang yacht. It didn’t take me too long to realize it just wasn’t my style. I think the only things I’ll miss are the exhaust note and the heated steering wheel.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
A 2020 Charger R/T. It was pretty and loud and guzzled gas and big as a dang yacht. It didn’t take me too long to realize it just wasn’t my style. I think the only things I’ll miss are the exhaust note and the heated steering wheel.
Congrats on the GTI btw!

That's a VERY solid amount for ("just") an R/T.
I was getting offered $43,500 for my 2020 Scat Pack that's fully loaded (MSRP of $50k) from the VW dealer and it only has 1,400 miles on it.
I'm going to be selling it to Vroom though instead for $46,650, which is still an insane price.

I'm looking to jump into a Arteon and, just like you, will DEFINITELY miss the exhaust note & the easy/fast acceleration. But, as you said too, it guzzles gas and insurance is pretty expensive here near the "D" (Detroit) and it wasn't the best choice for a car in winter/DD.
And despite it's huge size, there isn't that much back seat room for my kids either.
Luckily the Arteon comes with the same features (like heated steering wheel/cooled seats) and more, and has waaaay more tech than the ancient Charger lol

Side question....did you put a lot down with your Charger to have that much positive equity btw?
Granted, I could've bought my Scat for like $40-41k when I got it 6 months ago & been ahead too (Employee price & Power Dollars), but I leased it instead and I'm only "making" ~$1,900 because Ally smartened up in this market and is now charging tax (or some fees) to the dealers for them to buy the car (dealers didn't use to pay tax on a car, they passed it onto the end buyer)

Last edited:

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Congrats on the GTI btw!

That's a VERY solid amount for ("just") an R/T.
I was getting offered $43,500 for my 2020 Scat Pack that's fully loaded (MSRP of $50k) from the VW dealer and it only has 1,400 miles on it.
I'm going to be selling it to Vroom though instead for $46,650, which is still an insane price.

I'm looking to jump into a Arteon and, just like you, will DEFINITELY miss the exhaust note & the easy/fast acceleration. But, as you said too, it guzzles gas and insurance is pretty expensive here near the "D" (Detroit) and it wasn't the best choice for a car in winter/DD.
And despite it's huge size, there isn't that much back seat room for my kids either.
Luckily the Arteon comes with the same features (like heated steering wheel/cooled seats) and more, and has waaaay more tech than the ancient Charger lol

Side question....did you put a lot down with your Charger to have that much positive equity btw?
Granted, I could've bought my Scat for like $40-41k when I got it 6 months ago & been ahead too (Employee price & Power Dollars), but I leased it instead and I'm only "making" ~$1,900 because Ally smartened up in this market and is now charging tax (or some fees) to the dealers for them to buy the car (dealers didn't use to pay tax on a car, they passed it onto the end buyer)
Man, that Scat has one of the most pure sounding exhausts I’ve ever heard.

I had around $15,000 positive trade equity when I traded my GLI for the Charger.

was definitely surprised with what I received for the R/T, even with the Plus package and the Blacktop package. I’m in the Atlanta are though, so that may have played a part. Chargers/Challengers are VERY popular here.

I think I “only” took a 5% hit over what I paid for it back in December. I paid around $39,500 pre tax, post power dollars.

Even though I probably left some money on the table in the GTI deal (negotiations felt a little easier than normal), I’m pretty happy with the trade.

I also paid zero taxes on the GTI because my trade-in was more than the new car I was buying, so that alone saved me around $2,000.

Under normal circumstances I would not have traded in a new car so quickly just because I wasn’t liking it, but these are some strange times we’re living in.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Man, that Scat has one of the most pure sounding exhausts I’ve ever heard.

I had around $15,000 positive trade equity when I traded my GLI for the Charger.

was definitely surprised with what I received for the R/T, even with the Plus package and the Blacktop package. I’m in the Atlanta are though, so that may have played a part. Chargers/Challengers are VERY popular here.

I think I “only” took a 5% hit over what I paid for it back in December. I paid around $39,500 pre tax, post power dollars.

Even though I probably left some money on the table in the GTI deal (negotiations felt a little easier than normal), I’m pretty happy with the trade.

I also paid zero taxes on the GTI because my trade-in was more than the new car I was buying, so that alone saved me around $2,000.

Under normal circumstances I would not have traded in a new car so quickly just because I wasn’t liking it, but these are some strange times we’re living in.
Yeah I'm DEFINITELY going to miss giving up the exhaust noise(s). :cry:

I saw your pic in the other thread too, and ironically my car is Frostbite too.
I know what you mean about the area too because (the) Detroit (area) is LOADED with these cars too, and stolen all the time as well lol.

Sounds like you did a great job though.

As for trading it in....I had a new (triple nickel) '20 Widebody Charger Scat (that I ordered) for only 2 months before I grabbed this '20 Scat Pack and was able to dump that for exactly what I owed and get into this Frostbite for a little less money. And now here I am, just 6 months later getting out of this one. Normally I should be rolling in tons of money, but yeah....I'm making a few bucks instead!
CRAZY times indeed

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I found I miss the jelli eyeballs after getting rid of a cool car. The GTI is just a small hatchback to most but more fun as a drivers car. I'm not kidding myself on speed but the GTI is fun at speeds that will get you in trouble w/o having to drive at go to jail speed.

Mud

Last edited:

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
I found I miss the jelli eyeballs after getting rid of a cool car. The GTI is just a small hatchback to most but more fun as a drivers car. I'm not kidding myself on speed but the GTI is fun at speeds that will get you in trouble w/o having to drive at go to jail speed.

Mud
Same for me.