GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The little mods that add up...

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Just wondering what you guys think about them.
"Oh it'll be 5 hp at most, 2-3 hp, a little throttle response, etc."

I like to think if you add them up they are eventually at a level which is considerable...i'm running an EQT vortex XL being tuned for 93 (no E85 within 30 miles, maybe i'll find a way to get a 55 gallon tank and eventually go MPI and tune for it)

In the meantime while we wait for that corn juice to make its way to NJ, i've been looking at small mods. Specifically at Tin Can/Wolf's build which I extrapolated some data as well as did some research (is there a way to contact him/would he give away his secrets? lol) Of course his car was like 2300 lbs and such but there were things which it seems like no one else was doing that really indicated it was max effort (seems like there was a reason for the coolant hose kit)

Small things like cooling, or flow, those charge pipes, TIP, intake, billet oil filter, etc all seem like eventually they start to add up and give an advantage. Fluidampr scares me after seeing several crank bolts fall out and window a block lol. I am nearing the end of replaceable parts with my build, (16 lb wheels with PS4s, coilovers, sway bars, mounts, full exhaust, FBO etc.) Of course there is driver mod, which is being worked on.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
But also, He reduced so much weight off the car, it would make it dumb for a daily driver that you have to live with. I don't know about you, but i couldn't drive around and leave my car parked at work without a hood. Also i like convenience features, don't really feel like driving around in a car without seats and most the interior.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
This is only imo, of course, BUT... if you have to reduce weight THAT much, you don’t even have the car anymore, and you really didn’t win the race. A shell of a car, and a motor anyone can do. Run it full weight and that’s what you can do all the time.

The Fat and the Furriness

Passed Driver's Ed
My next mod is going on a diet.

Make sure to get a "No Fat Chicks" bumper sticker, just to be safe.

no_fat_chicks.JPG

If anyone asks me if I want an extra slice of pizza, I'll let them know that I can't because I'm tuning my car.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
But also, He reduced so much weight off the car, it would make it dumb for a daily driver that you have to live with. I don't know about you, but i couldn't drive around and leave my car parked at work without a hood. Also i like convenience features, don't really feel like driving around in a car without seats and most the interior.

Thats true. If I ever want to do a grudge match ill remove the rear seats and the subwoofer/spare and thatll drop at least 180 lbs easily

I think you answered your own question, put that money into MPI and make the most of the Vortex XL

Hahaha wish I had some ethanol, just a sip

I suppose the weight definitely was the biggest contributing factor, I think he was running a lot of cooling as well to keep his 35psi is20 happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk