GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Helix Dongle Programming Rental Thread -- Part 2

gazwilson

Car(s)
2019 GTD
Hi all first post and needing some help if possible. Sorry to be so cheeky. I have recently installed a helix system in my 2019 GTD and it sounds great to be honest. I have a dongle but updating the SD card with the latest files is proving a real challenge. I have found a download from VW with a self extracting file but it will not find my SD card to load the files on. I wondered if anybody had a copy of the latest files they would be kind enough to share as my files are all from 2013/14 and I suspect my Mk7.5 will need a newer version. Thanks

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hi all first post and needing some help if possible. Sorry to be so cheeky. I have recently installed a helix system in my 2019 GTD and it sounds great to be honest. I have a dongle but updating the SD card with the latest files is proving a real challenge. I have found a download from VW with a self extracting file but it will not find my SD card to load the files on. I wondered if anybody had a copy of the latest files they would be kind enough to share as my files are all from 2013/14 and I suspect my Mk7.5 will need a newer version. Thanks
From Scott/StealthGTI....

The file will unzip into an EXE installer file. "Drag and drop" will not work. You have to insert an SD card, rename the volume to "VWSOUNDSYS", and then execute the file. The program will then extract everything onto the SD card and be functional with the programmer.

gazwilson

Car(s)
2019 GTD
Thanks ever so much for the reply.
I'm having real fun with it still though. The guys at audiotec fischer emailed me the latest files and when I unzipped the file it was the same as I had already downloaded. I made sure the SD card was named VW_SOUNDSYS (I've tried without the underscore too) but when it tries to self execute it says it cannot find the SD-CARD. I reckon it must be an issue with my laptop because it doesn't have a standard SD card slot and I have to use a card reader(this might mess up the path somehow).
I will try my son's pc to see if there is any joy but if not I think I just need to try to get a copy of the files themselves to copy onto the SD-Card.
We'll keep trying and smiling, thanks again for your help though.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I would like to use it. With Helix installed I have way too much bass. How do we do this? Just plug and play and set to correct code?
Pretty much. You plug the programmer in to the amp, select the appropriate program number, then press the knob to program the amp.