GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The first time you fell in love...with a GTI.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
A couple of factors came into play before I bought my 2 door MKV GTI in 2008 (it was a CPO 2006 with the FSI engine).

1. My aunt had an early 2000s Jetta Wolfsburg and I loved the way that car looked at the time (still do, actually). That directed me toward VW in general.
2. I was a sucker for the VW marketing campaign at the time. Between the commercials making fun of the Fast & Furious crowd and "The Fast" that you got with the car, it pushed me towards a GTI.

Even though the FSI was somewhat of a nightmare for me, I still loved that car, and I've been in a Tornado Red GTI since then.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Many moons ago. My first GTI was a Mk2 8 valve model, must have been around 83, 84. I later upgraded to a 16V 1988 model. My current Mk7 is my first since then. That 16V model was sweet! It was a beautiful Mica Red and unfortunately got smashed when a truck parked in a driveway perpendicular to my car slid down when the parking brake failed and t-boned my car. It was never the same.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
1985, bought a brand new black one. Loved that car. It was 9995.00, lots of money. The worst part was I traded a pristine 1963 bug with 21,000 miles on it. I did get 2400.00 on the trade and I thought they gave me way too much..........

wizmk7gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought a 82 Rabbit diesel because gas prices and long commute. 84 GTI's turned up and had to have one. White with blue and red interior. Great cars. Longed to get another for years. In 2015 I was looking at BRZ's and was ready to buy , but my wife reminded me to drive a new GTI before I jumped. Rest is history . 2 dr se manual, Lp ,pp. Just got tuned at 66k and I'm in love all over again! Also have a JETTA and a TDI BEETLE.

mk7-k

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 'S' 4 door DSG
I bought my first GTI in 1985, my second was a 95 VR6, then an 11 MK6 and now my last, a 2 door 2016 that I've built out to an IS38, along with other engine parts, suspension, clutch and brake/tire upgrades. I don't care for the MK8 and also, I like 2 door cars.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I was in the U.K. working with a client around 2000. Took a ride in her GTI and instantly fell in love...could have been her though. She was stunning, and with the accent...😍. The car was amazing though, no need to explain to you guys.
Weeks later she sent me a test password for the application we were working on...still remember it. “Gorgeous”. Truth!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I loved it the most when i sold my 2016 GTI and was able to appreciate this platform as a whole. It made me buy another one in a couple of years.