GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The first time you fell in love...with a GTI.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I just love cars in general, so I can love anything fun or different. I appreciate exotics and will gladly drive yours if you let me, I have humble tastes in cars. I've loved all my GTI's, my Corrado, my 05 STI, my Club Miata, and my current GTI. That's out of 30 cars. I've liked others, and appreciate many, exotics don't do it for me. When my wife's SUV is paid off I'm buying a Boxster GTS, it'll be 2 years, so hopefully I can get a good deal on CPO. 400hp flat 6 in a Boxster is about as exotic as I get. Anything more is just absurd for me to own. I'm glad other people but exotics though, I do appreciate them as art.

I'm the same with women. I dated some smoking hot women when I was young, but I love a short, cute, nerdy girl. I still appreciate super models.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just love cars in general, so I can love anything fun or different. I appreciate exotics and will gladly drive yours if you let me, I have humble tastes in cars. I've loved all my GTI's, my Corrado, my 05 STI, my Club Miata, and my current GTI. That's out of 30 cars. I've liked others, and appreciate many, exotics don't do it for me. When my wife's SUV is paid off I'm buying a Boxster GTS, it'll be 2 years, so hopefully I can get a good deal on CPO. 400hp flat 6 in a Boxster is about as exotic as I get. Anything more is just absurd for me to own. I'm glad other people but exotics though, I do appreciate them as art.

I'm the same with women. I dated some smoking hot women when I was young, but I love a short, cute, nerdy girl. I still appreciate super models.

Your wife doesn't read your posts does she? ?

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I have always thought they were a nice car seeing them in reviews or whatever. I have a 2000 Celica GTS I bought new 20 years ago. I was kind of planning on just fixing it up even though its in good shape (already have suspension mods, clutch, flywheel and other stuff). Last Wednesday I saw a autoblog thing on my phone about the 2021 GTI and had a irresistible urge to get a GTI. Saturday I bought a 2019 SE 6 speed, Dark Blue. Lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That was just a very awkward, semi erotic analogy to say everyone is different.

Last edited:

jcme0557

Passed Driver's Ed
I drove my cousin’s silver Mk.1 Rabbit GTI to the beach one hot summer’s day. It was quick, agile, and a lot of fun. But, what really sold me on VWs was borrowing my brother’s Scirocco to use over Memorial Day weekend in 1985. (The Scirocco and the Rabbit GTI used the same chassis and 90 hp engine, so they were pretty much mechanical twins.) I bought my first GTI in 1987 - Mk.2/16v - and I’ve not been disappointed since.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
Love at first sight, then after a drive :love:.

That was back in 1989 and placed my order with the dealer.

And never looked back always likes the body style and the way

the GTIs drive. Whats not to like? Best all rounder around.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
someone I once knew had a red two door mk4 (maybe 40th anniversary edition) when I was early in high school. I said man I need one of these... Looked and looked and looked with my little to nothing budget and couldn't find one that was decent. Of course I wasn't going to find one for 4k, ended up not getting one and then years later I got my first real car I bought on my own and it was a 6MT MK7 GTI S CSG. Didn't look at 2 doors even though they look sweet because functionality. Couldn't find a picture, but back then I thought it looked something like this nice car on google
1583506888769.png

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I always liked the look of the GTI. The R32 I wanted for a while, but the MK6 I think really appealed to me more than previous models. I went and test drove one, and it was a car that was not given the credit for compared to the numbers it shows on paper. Also the upscale interior was a turn on for me, coming from previously 2 Evo’s, a mazdaspeed 3, WRX, and a 370z. Obviously there are some cars that are quicker, but the GTI certainly has the fun factor that other cars lack because it’s not SUPPOSED to be as quick as it is, it’s thought of as a step up from an econobox Golf.
BUT! It’s a friggen 2.0 with a turbo!! And THAT, my friends, makes my meat rocket tingle.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
When I test drove one in the summer of 2017. I wasn't really interested in a hot hatch at the time. I had been shopping around for a sport sedan. But then I saw all the rave reviews and had to give it a chance. Then I quickly realized it had more benefits than any other car I was considering.

TroyI

Ready to race!
I bought the MK7 as my first GTI. I didn't love it until the day I drove it out of the place where I had it lowered and tuned to Stage 1.

I told myself that was all I was ever going to do to it. Pfffft..... how wrong I was.