GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They would precisely because when one leaves the rest may stay.
The turnover would be constant with being limited to 1 term.

We might be saying the same thing I'm confused by now. 😂

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
how severe are your symptoms? I get your point, and am not really promoting the vaccine anymore (it is an exercise in futility either way) but the point of the vaccine is not to shield you from ever contracting the virus, but to limit the severity of its effects.
Except that was one of the early promises... you won't be able to get COVID, you won't be able to spread COVID, there's absolutely no risk in getting the vaccine.

All ended up not being true. I'm not anti-vax but I'm glad I decided to wait at least a year or two first to see how it plays out. Who knows what's next that will end up not being true?

npace

Autocross Champion
how severe are your symptoms? I get your point, and am not really promoting the vaccine anymore (it is an exercise in futility either way) but the point of the vaccine is not to shield you from ever contracting the virus, but to limit the severity of its effects.
I'm not sure.... its weird. For me its been like a really bad cold but the severity comes and goes in waves. Instead of hitting me, and then slowly returning to normal like what normally happens when I get a cold, it started off really bad, seemed to subside for a day, and has been getting alternatively better and worse. The thing is that the vaccine was supposed to protect me, but I never had COVID until after I was vaccinated. I realize that's a logical fallacy, but its odd that I went 20 months without getting it and now have it only a few weeks after getting the vaccine.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Well, anecdotally I can say that the vaccine is a sham. I am fully vaccinated for COVID (3.5 weeks after second shot) and I just tested positive for COVID. I won't be getting a booster.
Getting infected with COVID does not mean the "vaccine is a sham." I know 3 people that were infected within a few months of each other... all were close in age. The one guy is 2 dose vaccinated and has diabetes. The two others were completely unvaccinated. My vaccinated friend with diabetes got a little sick and felt "under the weather," but within no time, he was back working his manual labor job. The other two persons that were infected (all 3 were close friends of each other) --- one guy died in the hospital and the other guy ended up in the hospital, but did not die. The friend of mine with diabetes had no side effects from the vaccine and never had to be hospitalized. The vaccine works - period.

As far as I can tell, you're not in the hospital either, and you aren't in your teens. The vaccine works - period. Nobody EVER promised that you would not get infected with COVID if you got vaccinated. That's a false narrative. I'm glad you're okay, but you should appreciate the fact that you're vaccinated as opposed to deride the vaccine.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah, yeah. According to Australia, to get the super-pooper immunity, you should go and purposefully contract covid after getting the jab. This whole vaccine spectacle is a fucking joke. Always has been.
i can see that being correct; being armed with the vaccine and also contracting covid would in theory increase your immunity. i don't see anything wrong with that. no matter what, contracting the virus and surviving will increase immunity.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I'm not sure.... its weird. For me its been like a really bad cold but the severity comes and goes in waves. Instead of hitting me, and then slowly returning to normal like what normally happens when I get a cold, it started off really bad, seemed to subside for a day, and has been getting alternatively better and worse. The thing is that the vaccine was supposed to protect me, but I never had COVID until after I was vaccinated. I realize that's a logical fallacy, but its odd that I went 20 months without getting it and now have it only a few weeks after getting the vaccine.
Yeah, that is funny (the timing), sorry you aren't feeling well though. get well soon!

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Well, anecdotally I can say that the vaccine is a sham. I am fully vaccinated for COVID (3.5 weeks after second shot) and I just tested positive for COVID. I won't be getting a booster.
Not laughing at you but the false narrative so many are eating up and forcing on others. Rest up man, hope all is well.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
i can see that being correct; being armed with the vaccine and also contracting covid would in theory increase your immunity. i don't see anything wrong with that. no matter what, contracting the virus and surviving will increase immunity.

Theories and reality differ, especially when tge former are based on superficial understanding. But in any case yeah, i like the sound of "here's a smallpox shot, now go hug this blanket for super immunity!"

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Getting infected with COVID does not mean the "vaccine is a sham." I know 3 people that were infected within a few months of each other... all were close in age. The one guy is 2 dose vaccinated and has diabetes. The two others were completely unvaccinated. My vaccinated friend with diabetes got a little sick and felt "under the weather," but within no time, he was back working his manual labor job. The other two persons that were infected (all 3 were close friends of each other) --- one guy died in the hospital and the other guy ended up in the hospital, but did not die. The friend of mine with diabetes had no side effects from the vaccine and never had to be hospitalized. The vaccine works - period.

As far as I can tell, you're not in the hospital either, and you aren't in your teens. The vaccine works - period. Nobody EVER promised that you would not get infected with COVID if you got vaccinated. That's a false narrative. I'm glad you're okay, but you should appreciate the fact that you're vaccinated as opposed to deride the vaccine.

Amazing sample size. Surely proves the vaccine works -- period.

Survival bias at its best. Smh.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It won't be odd to @zrickety .

I hope your symptoms subside fast. The false sense of security sucks. I feel so bad for you. 😔

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I don't think that's much consolation for @npace right now and poor timing if you're trying to make him feel better.