GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suction Pump Seal Recall

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Very curious to know how long it takes a dealer tech to do this, because I'd try to schedule it on the same day as the ignition recall, but as @Diggs24 brought up I'd want to wait around for it. I don't need some teenager blasting off for lunch in my car just because it's a little more exciting than a mk6 jetta 2.0

yes I'm overprotective/paranoid

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
hehe, I have a Webasto fuel pump mounted where the leak detector module is, and the module has been hacked up and double-sided taped to the side of the gas tank. how likely is it that the dealer will want to work on my car..

hope it’ll just be the suction pump inside the tank and not a whole new tank for some reason.

update: I just read through the old recall from 2016 and they have instructions for what to do if there’s a parking heater so I think I’m all good.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
local VW club member is a master mech at local dealership....he's the ONLY one I allow to touch my car for warranty work....but if it ain't broke......

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
local VW club member is a master mech at local dealership....he's the ONLY one I allow to touch my car for warranty work....but if it ain't broke......
Yeah I don't smell gas and I'm able to fill the tank. I'll wait it out.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Because they have no way of knowing which were bad out of the lot, so they recall them all. I have the "plating flaking off the front of the shifter base" or something like that on my R. Mine is perfect, so why should I take the chance even the best mechanic won't break something? It's not like they'll replace something they screw up if it's not showing.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Because they have no way of knowing which were bad out of the lot, so they recall them all. I have the "plating flaking off the front of the shifter base" or something like that on my R. Mine is perfect, so why should I take the chance even the best mechanic won't break something? It's not like they'll replace something they screw up if it's not showing.
Same. I've had that shifter trim recall open on my car for years now. Haven't had it at the dealer for anything in a long while, but they always used to ask me if I wanted it done even though the trim on mine is still perfect nearly 10 years later 🤷‍♂️

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Very curious to know how long it takes a dealer tech to do this, because I'd try to schedule it on the same day as the ignition recall, but as @Diggs24 brought up I'd want to wait around for it. I don't need some teenager blasting off for lunch in my car just because it's a little more exciting than a mk6 jetta 2.0

yes I'm overprotective/paranoid
what's the ignition recall? haven't gotten a notice for that one.